That Dragon, Cancer-JSE

This chapter is inspired by a chapter in a JSE X Reader Imagines by Tantavie which you should really go check out! It's amazing!!

Jack and I sat in the waiting room, waiting for results. The results that could change our lives drastically. Footsteps echoed throughout the quiet waiting room. I gripped Jack's hand nervously. The doctors walked through with a clip board. He kneeled in front of us with a blank expression.

"Miss, I'm sorry to say... You have lung cancer. You'll be expected to live at least five more years." The doctor explained. My breath hitched.

"Thank you." I breathed. I shook hands with the doctor before standing up and walking. Jack followed behind, his right hand still linked with my left one.

When we sat in the car, I burst into tears. My body shook with every sob. I didn't want to ever leave Jack. Jack placed a hand on my back, rubbing it over my spine.

"Jack... I don't want to die.... I don't want to leave you!" I cried, wrapping my arms around Jack's neck. "I'm too scared! I don't want to hurt you!" I cried into his shoulder. Jack wrapped his arms around my waist, placing his head in the crook of my neck. I felt his warm tears fall onto my shoulder as he silently cried. His hair tickled my shoulder.

"I know. I know... I don't want you to go either." He whispered. He pulled away, willing his eyes. "But let's make the most out of the time we have together." He smiled sadly, wiping the tears from my face.

Jack was now making a video, and because of the title, we decided that it was appropriate to announce it to everyone. That Dragon, Cancer.

"Y/n, babe! C'mere! Its time!" Jack shouted. I heard his voice waved slightly. I walked up the stairs slowly, running my hand through my hair. I entered his recording room, sitting on an extra seat.

"Hey, guys." I waved sadly.

"So... Y/n and I got results back earlier... And now that I'm playing this game, we decided that it was an appropriate time to announce this... Y/n... We went to the doctor's earlier because..." Jack wiped his eyes.

"My family, uh... They've had a history with cancer so we decided to get me tested for it and... It turns out that I have lung cancer..." I bit my lip. "We decided it was best to tell you guys now instead of when I'm in hospital, losing my life." I sighed sad!y, wiping away my tears. Jack wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"The doctors said she'll live five years at most so we're going to try and live as normally as we can. But, it's taken a huge impact on us and because of the treatments she has to get and all the check ups and sh*t, videos might be a bit slower uploading just so you know." Jack smiled sadly. I stayed with him through the whole game. The while two hours of recording and an hour editing. We'd managed to cut out all the super emotional parts with us in full on tears.

Jack handed me a cup of water and my tablets. I shoved them in my mouth, washing them down with the water. I put the cup next to the sink, silently walking through to the living room. I sat on the sofa, grabbing the TV remote and turning on Rick and Morty. Jack sat next to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"Nothings going to be the same." I bit my lip, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"But we can get through this." Jack rested his head on top of mine.

"Together." We said simultaneously.