Just A Ghost Now-Markiplier

I stared at all the pictures I had up on the plain white wall, trailing my fingers over some. Memories flooded back.

I could still feel him here. It haunted me. I heard his voice when I was alone. I saw him in the dark. He couldn't fight it, but none of it was his fault. He couldn't prevent it.

I bit my lip, the feeling of his hand on my shoulder returning. I took a deep breath in. My hair was messy, I have bags under my eyes, I was skinnier than usual. Chica wasn't doing much better. She'd walk round the house, the sound of her feet against the wooden floor ringing in my ears. Her sad whines. She'd curl up to my side, whimpering.

Anger flooded through me and before I knew it, I was ripping the pictures from the wall. It was painful looking at them. I swiped my hands against the wall, ripping most of them off. I slammed my back against the wall, sliding down. Sobs escaped my mouth as I covered my face. The room was dark other than the dimly lit lamp.

His voice was all I could hear.

It's okay.

I'm still here.

Don't cry over me.

I shook my head, trying to get the voice out of my head. I wanted to feel his heartbeat, but it didn't beat for me anymore. It didn't beat for anyone. I wanted to bring him back. Reverse time and stop all of this.

If I'd gotten him there a minute before, he'd be alive. This is my fault!

He was just a ghost now. A fragment of my imagination. He wasn't here. Not anymore. He couldn't fight any longer, they had to take him off of life support. It was painful watching his chest stop rising. Hearing the long ringing in my ear.

He was everywhere.

I'd reach out for him.

I was desperate for his warmth.

But I could never have it again.

I cried into my knees, the pictures scattered around my feet. My hair hung by my face and stuck to the sticky wet tear stains.

I was begging for sound.

But I couldn't bring him back now.

I was drowning in silence. And somehow, it was deafening.

He left me all alone, but it wasn't his fault. It never was. It was mine. I should've realised sooner that something wasn't right. But when I did, it was too late. They couldn't save him.

He was gone.

Mark was gone.

Markiplier was gone.

My other half  was gone.