Long Distance-Markiplier

I sat on my bed, staring at the screen of my laptop. I was waiting. Waiting for the call. The call I had everyday. It was so hard because of the different timezones. My boyfriend, Mark, and I live in different countries. He lives in California, while I moved to Japan for my college degree.

The blue and white logo popped up on my screen, signalling I'd gotten a call. It was night here, and it would be morning where Mark was. I was awake at two in the morning so I could get that special, daily call from Mark.

"Hey, babe!" I exclaimed, a big smile on my face. Mark's hair was messy, as if he'd just woken up and he had bags under his eyes. "Are you alright?" I asked. Mark shook his head. "What's wrong?"

"I.... I don't think this is working out. I mean, you stay up until two in the morning just for a call and... It's hard, you know?" Mark wiped his eyes. I sat, losing my ability to speak. I simply nodded, avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah... Uh... I have to go... It was nice uh, speaking to you..." I forced tears not to fall.

"Please, wa-" I stopped the call. I put my laptop on my bedside table and lay on my stomach. I put my head on the pillow, tears soaking it. Silent sobs racked my frail body. My eyes started closing, and I began falling asleep.

My alarm buzzed, but I couldn't be bothered to get up. It was a Saturday, but my friends say I should have an alarm on weekends too. I heard the door open and my friend of met at the college was there.

Her name was Ayo Uri. She was tall, skinny, pale skin, warm brown eyes and shoulder length (originally black) blonde, curly hair. She was part Japanese and part American. She was the nicest person I knew. She reminded me alot of Mark. I smiled sadly.

"You alright?" She asked, sitting at the end of my bed. I shook my head, sitting up and crossing my legs.

"Mark broke up with me because long distance is hard and he didn't like the fact that I stay up till two in the morning waiting for a call." I sighed.

"Does he know you're moving back next week?" She hugged me tightly, her hair tickling my face.

"I was going to tell him on the call but he broke up with me before I could. You're... You're still moving back with me, aren't you?" I pulled away, wiping my eyes. Ayo nodded.

"I'd never break a promise. Plus, you need the support. Now c'mon, get dressed. We're going out." She dragged me off the bed and to the wardrobe before passing me a black tank top, black jeans and a f/c flannel to wrap around my waist. I grabbed some socks and my bra, heading to the bathroom to get changed.

Time skip

The plane landed and Ayo and I rushed off. We signed out before going to the baggage claim. I hadn't taken much to Japan with me. Just clothes, shoes, electronics, chargers, toiletries and headphones/ earplugs.

"Come on!" Ayo exclaimed, dragging me through the airport. She'd never been to America, even though that was half of her nationality. Her dad was American, but moved to Japan before she was born. Ayo's wrist was covered with different wristbands, most saying 献血者 meaning Blood Donor. She'd donated her blood multiple times, as well as doing a Run for Cancer marathon that I joined her in.

We got in a taxi, telling the driver our new address. We sang along to all the songs on the radio, danced in the seats and just talked.

"Thank you." I smiled, handing the driver the money.

"No problem." He smiled as we got out. We shut our doors and he drove away. Our house wasn't the biggest, but it would be cosy. Four bedrooms, a bathroom, kitchen, decent sized living room and a large back garden. We'd gotten it furnished so we didn't have to buy new stuff.

Ayo and I were walking round California. I was showing her around, showing her the parks, shops and other attractions. As we walked through one of the parks, I froze. Walking our way was Mark. With his arm wrapped around another girl's shoulder. I had to admit, she was beautiful. Blue eyes, blonde hair with yellow tips and the body of a girl from a magazine.

"Hey, you alright?" Ayo stopped to look at me, her narrow eyes squinting as she furrowed her brows. She followed my gaze to Mark. "Damn, that must hurt. He moved on within five days..." She commented. I wiped underneath my eyes as we continued walking.

I pulled up the hood on my hoodie, not realising my face was still visable for anyone to notice. As we got closer to Mark and the girl, Mark stopped, his mouth hanging open.

"Y/n?" He stuttered. I gritted my teeth, walking away quickly, dragging Ayo along. "Y/n! Wait! What're you doing here?" Mark grabbed my shoulder.

"None of your business. It'd be too hard for you to understand." I removed my shoulder from his grip and walked further. "I see you've got a new girl. Pretty. Seems nice enough. Everything I wasn't." I shrugged as I walked. "Take care of him. Don't lose him." I turned to the girl, tears brimming my eyes. I glanced at Mark. "Don't let him break your heart." I whispered before walking away, Ayo at my heels.