Slipped Away-JSE

Another chapter inspired by the imagines elysianhowell wrote. Go check it out!!

I lay on the bed/seat thing in the tattoo parlour. The needle nipped and scratched my skin, but I couldn't care less. This tattoo was important to me. I was getting a tattoo of my boyfriend, Jack's name on my arm with a heart and the line of his heartbeat. And it was for a special reason.

~flashback~

My phone was ringing loudly in the other room so I hesitantly got off of the sofa to answer it.

"Heyo?" I asked tiredly.

"Y/n, I'm so, so sorry!" I heard Felix's voice on the other side.

"What's up?" I asked, leaning again the wall.

"Jack.... During PAX he.... He was stabbed.... He didn't make it..." I heard Felix son. Tears brimmed my eyes, threatening to fall.

"Um... Thanks for telling me..." I breathed, losing my voice.

"I'll be here if you need me. Mark is too. We miss him and we know it's ten times worse." Felix sniffled.

"Okay... Thanks for telling me...." I wiped my eyes.

"Bye." Felix replied before hanging on. I put the phone on the side before breaking out in sobs and falling to the floor.

~end of flashback~

A while later, the tattoo artist was done. He told me everything about keeping care of the tattoo.

"I realise how much it means to you." He smiled softly before I shut the door.

I drove home, tears in my eyes. My arm throbbed, but I couldn't give a crap. Rain was pouring outside, making the atmosphere even worse.

"I miss you."

"Why did you slip away?"

"I didn't even get to say goodbye."