You Look Happier-JSE

Jack and I broke up about a month ago. It'd been the hardest thing for me to handle in a while. Y/f/n, even though he/she wasn't the outdoorsy type, convinced me to go outside for some fresh air.

We were walking through the streets, wearing beanies, hoodies and jeans. We were matching in a way. Across the road, there was a pub Jack and I had met in. As I looked over, I saw his arm around a brown haired girl. He was laughing, his brown hair flying around as he did.

He looked around and made eye contact with me. I turned my head and continued walking with y/f/n. We walked past different shops and places Jack and I had been together.

"You'll be happier someday. I promise." He/she promised.

"I didn't deserve him. I knew there was a reason we were drifting apart." I rested my hand against the table we were drinking coffee at. "I just knew that he couldn't love me for me." I looked up at my eyes met y/f/n's.

He/she rested his/her hand against mine.

"He doesn't know what he's missing out on." He/she comforted me. "And just know that when that girl breaks his heart, he's going to be coming back running. "

"What if that never happens, huh? I was happier with him. But I should've known he'd be like the others." I rested my head against my hand. I stood up and left the coffee shop, leaving y/f/n behind.

I walked through the streets and saw Jack and the girl again. I pulled my beanie down over my ears and wiped a stray tear away.

"Y/n? Hey, y/n!" Jack shouted. I continued walking home.

I was stopped when Jack grabbed my wrist and spun me round. He smiled, still holding my wrist. I ripped it from his grasp, turning and walking away again with tears in my eyes.

"Jack! Come back!" The girl shouted. As I heard footsteps behind me, I Egan running. My house wasn't too far.

I slammed the door behind me, sitting in front of it. Jack hit his fist against the door.

"Y/n, please. I just want to talk." He pleaded. I sighed, not moving.

"Jack, you're happier with her. Now please, just go. I can't stand to see you." I held back my tears. I heard a sigh and the footsteps getting quieter and quieter.