Sticky buns, hun.

A week had passed since my good deed in returning the doll turned into what Ella would call a cluster-f*ck.

So concerned that I was going to turn into Emily Rose, I did the whole cleansing prayer that night, in my mom's bathroom. To say I felt better for it was yet to be seen, if anything my moods had taken a sour turn.

The bedroom door knocked making Bailey lift his head as he sprawled across the bottom of the bed, his body keeping my feet nice and warm. I watched as my mom came in holding a cup in her hand and a smile plastered onto her face.

"Good morning." She beamed placing the cup of coffee down on the bedside cabinet and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Is it?" I asked looking towards the window which showed greying clouds.

"Somewhat. How are you today? Feeling any better?"

I mustered a smile before picking up the cup of coffee and drinking it. I could feel her eyes watching my every move until I placed the mug back down. "Slow progress, has Brian gone out? I heard the door."

She nodded "He's gone to fetch some supplies, you know what he's like down in the man cave shed of his." She laughed slightly.

I smiled back relieved to be off the topic of myself when Bailey rolled onto his side and sighed.

"Life luxury he has here.." I spoke looking at the toy he had brought to bed with him last night. It was a stuffed free fox, with a squeaker. His favourite it would seem.

"Oh you do, don't you? Say Brian has gone out but every time he comes back, he has something for you." My mom spoke ruffling Baileys golden fur between her fingers.

My admiration for him was cut off by my phone vibrating against the bedside table, sighing I picked it up and cancelled the call.

"Who was that?" My mom quizzed lifting her brow.

"Nobody that can't leave a message if it's important. So what are we doing today?"

"Today? You are going to work. Remember? It's Tuesday."

I groaned and tried to pull the bedding over my head, but with her weight added with Bailey's, I failed.

"Come on, get up and we can walk Bailey at the same time." She smiled before rising off the bed and heading out the room humming lightly.

It was only when my phone began to vibrate again that I debated on throwing it across the bedroom and against the wall.