Done

Jamming the key into the lock, I opened the door and walked into the silent apartment

"Mina?" I called out, expecting her to pop up from somewhere with a smile or a set of flushed cheeks. "Mina?"

I walked away from the door and looked around the kitchen. Not a single thing out of place, everything was as if it was still new. As if this place wasn't occupied by one scatty harebrained woman which I had grown rather fond of.

Shaking the uneasiness away, I crossed the hallway and walked down to the bedroom where I opened it up. My eyes zoned in on the two hold-alls sat in the middle of the bed. Squeezed tightly with clothes, as the zips were ready to pop off.

"Mina?" I called again wondering if she was in the bathroom.. Nope.

Coming out of the bedroom, the first and only bit of disruption and mess came from the table. The glass top covered in torn up paper. I frowned and walked over to find it was the contract she had signed along with her contract that I, myself had signed.

I swallowed back the dryness in my throat as I picked up the only piece that hadn't been torn to shreds. The only piece with thick black writing on.

We are done!

3 words with so many meanings..

I wet my lips and pulled my phone from my pocket, flicking down to her name, I pressed call and held the phone to my ear as I waited in anticipation. It rang and continued to ring until it rang off..

Sighing harshly, I decided against leaving a message and put my phone back into my pocket.

My hands had began collecting the shreds of paper when the door behind me opened. My head shot back ready to sort out whatever had happened and find out why she was so upset when Ella, her friend walked in.

"Hi.." I spoke cautiously looking towards the door expecting Mina to come through it.

"Why are you here?" She asked folding her arms.

"Is... Is Mina not with you?" I questioned looking at the door again.

Ella shook her head and swallowed. "You shouldn't be here."

"Well, where is she?" I asked following her as she slipped into the bedroom and grabbed one of the hold-alls. She looked inside it before zipping it up and lifting it off the bed.

"Move." She ordered as I stood in the doorway.

"Where is she?"

"Just move Zak! Move!"

I shook my head and reached for the bag when Ella pulled it away. "Don't you dare! Now get out of my way before I scream..."

Looking down at her face, I could see the wildness behind her eyes. I shook my head defiantly. "Is she with you?"