Answers sought

It took me a while to grasp the concept that Zak had just walked away. That he looked at me with something close to pity before he answered "We should probably go indoors."

That wasn't what I wanted to hear, that was probably the last thing I wanted to hear! Okay maybe second from last, but it was still very much away from what I wanted him to say!

I wasn't a fool to believe that as soon as you told someone you loved them, that you'd both skip into the sunset together. But to at least say "Thanks." Would be better than.. "We should probably go indoors."

He spoke like it was a sin to breathe those words. That it was foul and dirty to express your feelings. But how was it? Wasn't sex the same thing? Expressing how you feel?

But that's the things Mina, it's just sex for him..

"Well I don't want it just to be about that." I argued.

"Mina? Are you alright?" My mom asked standing at the door holding some of my spare clothes I had left there, with a look of confusion on her face.

No. No I wasn't alright. In fact, I just made myself look a complete fool!

"Yeah.. Sorry." I answered shaking my head and slowly getting off the ground.

I entered the house with my head hung low, my shoulders were slumped and my body was cold. Not to mention my heart.

"Jesus darling, you're freezing. Go and take a shower." She advised guiding me up the staircase.

"Mom?"

"Yes?" She paused on the steps to go back down.

I wanted to tell her to stop Zak from leaving, to tell her that he had to stay, but he was a grown man. He had his own freewill and taking him hostage was not the way forward.

"Sorry for running like that." I responded.

"It was dangerous. Extremely dangerous. Go get showered, try and wash your face some more too, lemon juice in a cut most have stung. Hey? I love you."

"I love you too." I replied before continuing up the stairs and into the bathroom.

I assessed my glassy red eyes in the mirror, as I changed into the warm and dry clothes

I assessed my glassy red eyes in the mirror, as I changed into the warm and dry clothes. I still couldn't believe that I had ran after Aiden like that, no caution or back up. He could have done anything, because I didn't know him. Not at all.

It was reckless, but when that red mist descended all I could think about was Bailey. Bailey being led there with tubes in his mouth, stitches in his tummy and a vet bill that Zak paid from the goodness of his heart. I wanted to make Aiden pay for what he had done, for the pain I felt seeing my dog that way. Essentially my child, being led there close to death.