Frumoasa

"Are you kidding me?!" Ella snapped slamming her hand down on the table between us.

"What?" I asked timidly looking at her.

"What do you mean what?! I- he's hot! In fact he's completely gorgeous! Or can't you see that?!"

How could I not?

"El, I know you think I've made a mistake, but it really wasn't what it seemed."

"Mmm hmm. Because you are too stubborn to allow yourself some happiness and you're content with boring."

I frown "I'm not that boring."

"Oh please, you go to bed early and think a night out is grocery shopping at 8pm."

My frown hardens. "I remember when I used to like you."

She scoffs and shakes her head "To me, all this seems like a lot of sexual frustrations. Didn't you even sleep with him?"

My eyes widen at the idea "No, I didn't."

"Maybe that was the problem, you know I like to get the D as soon as possible. Sets me up with realistic goals in the future of the relationship. You don't want to be dreaming of a well endowed and end up with a cocktail sausage, you know what I mean Boo?"

"Yeah.." I didn't..

"You don't seem happy and it's been what? Almost a week?"

I grumble as I pick at a napkin, pulling it apart into smaller bits. It's a habit I've always had, picking things apart when I'm stressed or upset, I tend to pick apart my life too.

"Stop doing that." Ella cussed taking it off me and the mess I had made "Sexual frustrations.." She adds wagging the mauled napkin at me.

"It's no-"

"Yes it is. Don't tell me you don't get urges, we all do. Some more than others, some women are better at disguising them. But either way, it all comes down to biology, women need men. Men need women. So stop being a prude, put on some sexy panties and go to that party!" She argues.

I groan aloud as there were no customers in the store today. Which is how Ella has taken it upon her self to counsel me. But when I say counsel, I mean complain at me on how tragic my love life was and how I was stupid to let him walk away. She didn't know about the contract, that my friend is a step too far.

"I can't!"

"Why not?!" She snaps her red hair taking on a new flare. "If you give me one more shit story or I can't because, I'm going to flip my shit.."

I lower myself in the booth "I was just going to say... I have nothing to wear."

Her eyes turned from anger to almost a sparkle.

Holy crap I'm dealing with Jekyll and Hyde.

"Good..." She pauses to look at her watch before smirking. "We got plenty of time to find something."