The end game

"I'll save you both the introductions, seeing as you've already met." Gavin chuckled picking up his beer.

Hunter or Aiden, was sat looking up at me with a face as white as a ghost. "What's up? You look surprised to see me. Or are you surprised I can see at all?" I growled.

"Mina I–"

"Save it! I don't want your pathetic excuses or your apologies. I want answers."

Hunter swallowed before nodding "I'll tell you want you want to know-"

"No you won't! Shut your mouth!" Gavin snapped.

I glared over at him. "So this is all about you? Hmm? Because of what? Zak punching you after you humiliated me? Ruined my life?"

"You did that by yourself.. Cutting your wrist, you attention seeking bitch!"

"Enough!" Hunter intervened. I turned my eyes back to him, staring deep into his soul. "I'll tell you. Just start asking.."

"Why?!" I demanded.

Hunter shifted in his seat looking at Gavin. "Because... Because I owe him.."

"For what? What could possible be so bad that you have to poison a dog and almost blind me?!"

"Blind? No, no it was Lemon juice, it was the only thing I could use! I didn't want to hurt you! But you wouldn't stop chasing me and it was my last resort!" He exclaimed.

"Lemon?!" Gavin shouted.

"Brian is, was your step father, he loves you and loves Bailey as if it's his own dog! Do you have no compassion or love in your life? He was broken in that vets! He blames himself because of you!" I replied to Hunter, ignoring Gavin's obvious annoyance.

"I know.."

"And tonight? If he saw you? Would you have done the same?"

"That's why I picked Lemon. I didn't want to hurt anyone. I'm not that kind of guy."

I scoffed "Really? So you didn't poison my dog and almost kill him?"

"I was following ord–"

"And you weren't the one pushing past me in Zak's house either?!"

Hunter froze. His eyes widened in shock at the fact I knew.

"That's right. You know when I think back, I should have noticed, one arm being favoured than the other. Enough to drop a laptop. What was it suppose to be? Robbery or an assault? A lesson?"

"I didn't want you to get hurt!" He insisted but looked past me towards Gavin.

"Shut up!" He hissed back at Hunter or Aiden. I was struggling to get a handle on his name, to me he will always be Hunter.

I turned my eyes over to Gavin "And you... Couldn't wait to put the boot in huh? What was it then? Face for a face? Because if I calculate right, I owe you a present after you hurt my dog."

He laughed "You and what army? Fuck off Mina, you're ruining the show." His laughter was only fuelling my fire. How dare he laugh at me! Ruining the show? I'll tear this whole room apart if I have too!

"It was a possession charge." Hunter spoke making my eyes snap back to him. "Gavin took the rap for it.. I owed him a favour, he collected."

"For drugs? All this is over some drug charge?" I asked incredulously.

"It's ruined my life, I can't get a decent job or fly to to certain places in the world now. Do you know that?" Gavin asked.

"Boo fucking Hoo." I answered.