Battlefield body

Can we talk?

My eyes were hard and I couldn't stop my body from shaking. After everything and he asks that?! Can we talk?

"Get out." I order instantly.

"Please.." He speaks and my ears hear the pleading in his voice. That alone catches me off guard and sends my eyes away from his. 

I inhale deeply trying to stop the tears but they are coming up fast. I want to scream at him, push him out the apartment and erase him from my life, but his tone and the look of sadness in his eyes that I had fallen so hard for.

"No. You can't keep doing this to me." I whisper walking over to the radio and pulling my phone out sending the apartment into a deathly silence.

"Mina. Baby-"

"Don't you freakin' baby me! You were throwing me out a few nights ago!" I snapped. "Ending it you said! So why are you here?!"

"My bank called.."

"Oh, yeah. Fuck your blood money. I don't want nothing from you!" I spat.

"Is that why you've put a bar on me sending it again?"

I smirked "You're damn right. I'm not some woman you can buy. You won't be buying my silence and if, IF I want to stand outside and scream it from the rooftops, by snot I will."

He released a breath of air before looking away from me. "I didn't come about the money."

"No, you came to remind me of the contract right? Well don't worry. I've been hurt once by a boy. I won't let another do it."

I purposely used boy.. Cause why not.

He didn't speak, just watched me with his stormy eyes as I glared back at him. He didn't know that I wanted nothing more than to put myself in his arms. For him to take away the pain I was going through. No. He didn't.

He probably doesn't even care.

"I care more than you think.."

My mind snapped to, realising I had said it out loud.

"Fuck this." Zak sighed and moved towards the front door.

"That's right! Run away!"

He stopped and clenched his fists before turning around to face me.

"If you walk out that door without so much as an explanation as to why you lied to me about Jessie. I'll never speak to you again."

His face faltered and for a second relief washed over his face. "You went there.."

"Yeah, figured I'd check the broad out, you know. She must be pretty amazing to leave me dog sitting whilst you got your dick sucked."

"Then you'd know she isn't real.." he admitted.

"Yeah, I do now. The question is why are you lying? Why are you messing with my head like this?! Are you trying to make me feel like shit? D-"

"No. No baby I swear." He spoke coming towards me, but I stepped back.

"You don't touch me. I do not give you permission to touch me."