Fire of a Demon Hunter

When I woke the next morning, alone in the bed, my heart sank

When I woke the next morning, alone in the bed, my heart sank. The pressure of yesterday hung on my shoulders and as I looked across to the side that still had the smell of Zak on, my soul crushed.

Maybe this was all too much for him?
Maybe he thinks I'm a complete freak like everyone else did back then?
Maybe-

"Ouch! You little bitch!" I heard from outside the bedroom door.

He's here.

He stayed?!

He's here!

HE'S HERE!

I tilted my head to look at the door as it slowly opened. Revealing the man in question and his short black boxer pants that did nothing for my health as my blood pressure rose quick and my face flushed.
Note to self. Breathe regularly.

"Morning." He grinned walking slowly with a tray in his hands. His eyes were bright and his hair was ruffled.

I smiled and pulled myself up "Hey, everything okay?"

"Yeah. Here's breakfast."

I had the tray placed on my lap, causing me to look down at two plates and two glasses of juice.

"Oh wow what's this?" I asked looking over the photo worthy breakfast.

Zak climbed in and scooted himself beside me "Breakfast omelette, has some tomato, ham, little cheese." He explained as I looked at it.

"Smells good."

"Trust me, it will taste even better." He replied picking up his plate.

He wasn't kidding.

I moaned, chewed and savoured every single bite, looking over at him and giving him the thumbs up.

He simply smiled and continued eating his until we both had empty plates and glasses.

"Damn. So can I request you make breakfast for me, forever?"

"If that's when you want me around." He answered giving me a wink.

"How did you sleep last night?" I questioned seeing the bags under his eyes gone.

"As soon as we laid down and you got settled, I was out. You fell asleep first, I know that much." He responded.

"Really? You were pretty tired, what took so long?"

He took the tray off my lap and put it down the bottom of the bed before pulling me against his chest. A simple movement but it has caused me to bundle up against him, inhaling his fading cologne as his smell began to take over.

"I was thinking about you." He answered rubbing my back with his large hand soothingly.

"Oh."

"Thinking how much I want to beat this Gavin's head in for ever making you feel like that. If I saw him. I don't think I'd hold back Mina. He hurt you and that happened." Zak spoke his other hand touching the scar across my wrist. "I knew something happened. From the moment you signed the contract I had seen it. But I didn't want to push you, everyone has a past. But I wish I knew earlier-"