Coming soon.. Eternal Embers.

The man tilted his head back looking up at the soft dashes of white that partially obstructed portions of the blue sky

The man tilted his head back looking up at the soft dashes of white that partially obstructed portions of the blue sky. The sun was high, signalling noon, it's rays shining down onto the green grass which glistened from the morning dew.

He stopped and rolled his shoulders before cocking his head to the side and inhaling deeply. The air was fresh and warm against his bare forearms which peeked out from his white t-shirt.

Another man at his side stopped and looked at him impatiently, but he didn't care. He had waited for this moment for over 6 years.

This was his chance, a new life, a new start and a new outlook.

He looked around at the environment, he noticed the smaller things in life, things he had overlooked before. But not now. He had spent days laying on a bed, with his thoughts as his company. He had dreamt about this day, how he would feel, how he would have to intergrate back into civilisation. He dreamt of the food he missed, the taste of steak, of a burger with all the trimmings, the taste of beer and the way the condensation dripped down the glass in the summer heat. He knew one thing he missed more than ever... The smooth skin of a woman, the softness of a pair of lips, softer than a rose petal and how they puckered up slightly from a cupids bow. The silky feel of a womans hair as he buried his fingers in it. The sweet smell of soap and perfume.

He groaned feeling the effects of his mind take a toll on his body, 6 years of abstinence and he would no doubt finish from fantasizing about a womans body. How he longed to see painted nails digging into his flesh as he ploughed deeply into the woman. How she would throw her head back and moan his name..

"Are you leaving or not?!" The other man asked stood at the solid steel gate in which he had opened briefly thinking that this release would be quick and he would be able to get back to his post... And the spread page of Miss July.

The man turned his attention to the officer "Oh absolutely." He smiled before readjusting his grip on the clear bag containing his belongings. He found it strange on how much he had accumulated over 6 years. It was stuff he probably didn't need, but kept for sentimental value, now.

His feet began to move across the concrete path and towards the gate, the same gate he had stared at every night, waiting..

"Don't come back here again." The other man warned.

He smiled "I don't plan too."

Then he exited back into civilisation for the first time in 6 years. He was revelling in the freedom, when a throat cleared.

"Do you have it?" He asked looking over to the man donning a black suit, having ditched the tie due to the heat.

"I do."

"Good.." The man spoke holding out his hand.

The suit handed over a file and took a breath "What are you going to do with the information?"

The man smiled "That is none of your concern. I paid you. All I ask is that you forget my name, my face and that we ever met." He proceeded to drop his clear bag and unsealed the envelope, dipping his hand inside, he took hold of the glossy paper and pulled it out.

A photo of a woman came into view. Despite the anger he felt after 6 years, it weakened seeing the smile on her face and the light in her eyes. The high quality photos stirred the sexual desire in his body, he could remember her well. He could remember her skin being soft, her hair being like silk. But the anger came back ten fold, it rushed his gut and consumed him as he took in the other person in the photo. The one she was smiling at...

But that wasn't the only reason he was angry, it was also the smaller figure hugged to her chest, a bottle between it's lips. A little boy. No older than 2 years old, he looked content with laying against her breast, no doubt finding comfort in her heartbeat. He wanted to ask if the child was hers, but that would open his heart up to contemplation of his plans. He didn't want his perfect plan to be scuppered on the chance of a child. A child that should have been his, if he had got his own way.

He has time to think whilst being incarcerated, he had done therapy and rehabilitation. He had been to the prison chapel every Sunday, asking God for a sign. That's when he thought of her...

That's when he released that she was the only woman who truly loved him. Who doted on every single word, who was still wounded from his betrayal.

He asked for guidance from God in the daytime, but sought comfort from the Devil at night...

That's when he hatched his plan.

"Is that her?" The suit questioned.

"Yes."

A nod signalled the agreement between the two men. "Well enjoy the freedom." The suit added before turning around and walking away.

"Oh I will.. Every single part of it."

Curosity got the better of him, he noted how his heart fluttered slightly from adrenaline. He had wanted this, every single second and minute of it.

The flipped over the photo where her details were scrawled across the bottom, it included the date, where the photo was taken, who was in the photo and which city she lived in. He didn't have an address.. He didn't have it yet. But he would have it.

"I'll see you soon, Mina. " He spoke looking at the photo one last time. "I'll see you very soon..."