Christmas wish

A Few weeks later.

Christmas was a busy time of the year for anyone. Vegas was always busy, so when Christmas crept it's way up to us, the strip and malls were flooded with bodies. Music filled the air and the street performers had changed up their normal attire for a festive outfit, in keeping with the festivities.

I however was feeling a little like scrooge, not over the idea of spending money. But because Zak was still away and wouldn't be back for a few more days. Which meant I was left to my own devices, Ella had Ash and they were both spending their time together planning for their new arrival. According to Ella, Ash has insisted buying two of everything, one in blue and one in pink... Just in case. I found it cute but also mad, especially when you could buy gender neutral clothing. But I wasn't going to dampen their parade whilst they held their excitement.

Most people presumed that a city built up from the desert wouldn't make a fuss over Christmas.. So wrong, so very wrong. Vegas was all lights, so what was a few more with Christmas lights decorating every inch, Cactus turned into Christmas trees, an ice rink arrived and so did the holiday gardens, the Winter Wonderlands and Christmas Villages. It really was a magical place.

I ducked under the arms of Santa's elf as they threw fake snow over unsuspecting shoppers bringing smiles and holiday cheer.

God I loved Vegas.

I was watching the Ice skaters when I heard my phone ringing, I pulled back from the railings and walked away from the loud speakers blasting out carols to answer it.

"Peaches!"

"Hey!" I grinned hearing Zak on the other end.

"How are you?"

I shrugged "I'm good. Kinda miss not being able to see your face."

"Wanna switch to FaceTime?"

"No.. No cause I want you here. Seeing you on a tiny screen won't ease my need to be in your arms will it?" I sighed.

"I'm sorry..."

I felt bad for putting that on him, so I made a conversation change.. Quick. "How was work? Get any evidence?"

"Hell yeah. It was really active.. For what it's worth. I miss you too."

I smiled gently "When you home?"

"I'm hoping in a few days. I'm working on things as quick as we can but-"

"No, no. Don't rush. You do what you gotta do, we both know I get to have you when you come home."

"That you do.. Considered my offer yet?"

I chewed my lip "Giving me the option of working at the museum or coming with you is hardly fair. I'm still living on your money and I hate it."

"But if you're earning it.." He trailed off.

"God you sound like Ella. Actually, Ella just said for me to take your card and be a kept woman. But she would." I laughed making him chuckle.

"Well I know you aren't like that."

"Nope. I'm not."

"So.. What are you doing? It sounds really loud there."

I nod before realising he can't see me. "Yeah, I'm down on the strip actually watching the ice skaters."

"Ugh. Me and Ice have history. I almost killed myself on a patch."

I laughed "The Valentine's day episode."

"Y-yeah? How did you kn- You've been watching?"

I bit my lip as I giggle "I have. I must say, I'm pretty jealous, you wrote poetry for a dead woman. But you haven't wrote any for me yet.."