Void

My eyes scan the store wildly as I walk in behind Zak, his body carrying him as if he walked on water. Two sales assistants look over and beam a smile our way, whilst I could practically see was the dollar signs rolling in their eyes.

Looking away from them, I took in the store, with its floor to ceiling mirrors, white coated railed walls full of clothes of all colours, white marble flooring whilst large display tables held accessories of all kinds. Even the occasional white orchid.

"Zak.." I whisper. "This isn't for me."

"Hush. We are here to find appropriate clothing."

"But I can do that myself." I insist trying to suppress my urge to gulp as one of the sales ladies strut our way. Clearly seeing who has the money as Zak is dressed to a mouthwatering level whilst I'm stood in Walmart sale rails clothing. You could get some real bar-

"Good afternoon!" The sales lady greets us. "Could I help you today?"

I lift myself up a little straighter seeing that from the moment I had walked in, her eyes had been glued to Zak. Maybe I had invisible powers after all?!

"I'm accompanying this lady to find a dress."

For the first time, the sales lady looks over at me and gives me a struggled smile whilst her eyes scream in disgust that I was even in her store.

"Lovely. How about you take a seat over there sweetheart?" She offers Zak before looking at me. "And you can follow me."

Her eyes rake up and down my body before she turns on her shiny peeptoes and struts off. I resist the urge to trip her up too..

For the next few minutes, I'm stood listening to her rate and slate my body, as she measures it, then do a walk of the store whilst throwing up colours against my body before pushing them back with a comment regarding my skin tone or my shape. Only every so often, would she drape a dress over her arm and continue on.

I look over at Zak who peers up from his phone to give me a smirk, knowing that I was getting close to losing my patience with this woman.

"Oh! I am sorry." She gasps after hitting me in the head with a hanger as she tries the dress against my skin. I'm sure it was on purpose too.

Then I'm thrust into a changing room, and shoved an small collection of dresses to try on.

I look at them, all different designs and patterns, not to mention colours. From yellow, to white to fuchsia and even turquoise..

What happened to red? Or black? Or blue even?! All the discreet colours that would help me blend in than stand out! Was she taking the piss out of me?

I could tell it was going to be a long day, and I was already sweating bullets.