Changing places

"Lovely evening... Isn't it?"

4 words that had me frozen on the spot, that had the blood in my veins turn to ice. Like a rabbit in the headlights or a deer in a sniper's scope, I was frozen. Zak's eyes had failed to leave mine, even as Hunter cocks his head back over his shoulder.

I should do something...

Maybe pull up that thong for one.

I leant forward and took hold of the small piece of fabric when Zak spoke again.

"Remove them."

I stop instantly, feeling the blood unmelt in my veins, in order to move to my cheeks. He couldn't be serious.. Could he?

"Your hands.. Remove them off her." Zak stipulates causing my heart to beat again. Phew!

It took Hunter a few seconds to process his request and in that time, I had pulled my thong back up, using his body as a shield.

"Who the hell are you?" Hunter asks letting his hand slip off my body in order to turn and face him. But Zak's eyes remain on my face, daring me to say something. It was then I thought back to the woman that he had been with earlier..

"He's my work colleague." I answer taking hold of the situation before Zak could. He was not about to start ruling my home, even if he owned it.

"And he has keys?" Hunter asks clearly confused at the situation.

You and me both, pal.

"He is also my landlord. Hey uh, why don't you go through to the bedroom and make yourself comfortable. This won't take long." I offer gesturing to the door in a hopes that I can push him through one and Zak out through another.

"Actually, it will. I think you should probably leave." Zak intervenes.

"No. It actually won't." I fought back.

Hunter did a double take between us before siding with me, or his dick. However you wanted to put it. "I think I might stay.." He answers cautiously.

"Okay Mina, if you think that is for the best." Zak spoke, still staring at me.

I folded my arms "I think it is."

"Very well then, I've come here on business. It's about the contract." He speaks, picking up the contract from the seat beside him. How did I not see that first?

My eyes widen and I look to Hunter who was waiting for Zak to continue.

"I think this could probably wait until tomorrow." I threw back hoping that Zak grasps at how pissed off I was at him.

Who the hell did he think he was?

He's the guy who's paying your rent and paying you to be his girlfriend.

Hey! Shut up, up there!

"Unfortunately it won't. Your friend should probably leave, this contract needs to be revised.. Immediately. It could take all night."

Hunter looks between us again before narrowing his eyes "Am I.. Is he your b-"

"No." I interrupt, catching on to his trail of thought.

"Then dude, you gotta go." Hunter answers throwing his thumb over his shoulder at Zak.

"I'm not going anywhere." Zak replies making sure he is comfortable on my couch. "I told you, it's important and it needs to be addressed.. Now."

I swallow back the annoyance and look towards Hunter, his eyes are looking over my face wondering if his resistance is the right thing. "I better call you a cab." I mumble before taking his hand and dragging him into the kitchen with me, I also slam the door for effect.