Critique

Summertime sadness plays on the radio as I'm led on Ella's bed whilst she gets ready for another day with worm- Boy Ashley. I would say man-worm but I doubt he's evolved from a boy.

"What about this?" She asks for the 14th time. I know, because I've been counting.

I sit up and try to control the frizz and mess that my hair has managed to get itself into, to observe her outfit. Her dress was black and bordering on unacceptable for a meet the parents lunch..

"Sweetie-"

"I know! I know!" She exclaims. "I just.. This is getting really hard now!"

I frown and move to the edge of the bed "Hey, what's wrong?"

Ella was usually the calm one between us, until there's a fire alarm. But it takes a lot to have her nervous and it's safe to say, she's sweating bullets.

"I just want to look nice but everything I try on doesn't look right!" She stresses, her eyes look at my outfit for a little longer than normal. "I need to tone it down."

I chuckle "My outfit is bordering on a soccer mom. Let me look at this wardrobe of yours."

Pushing my hair off my face, I stride into her wardrobe and freeze, the destruction left by her, has me turn. "What the hell have you been doing in here?" I whisper.

"I know. Please Mina, you have to help me." She stresses pulling on the hem of her black dress. Which has to go.

"Okay, but whatever I pick, you have to at least try on before you refuse."

Her head nods in instant approval. "His dad is some hot shot lawyer and his mom is an editor to some fashion magazine."

"Really? He comes from that gene pool? Worm- Boy?"

"Mina." She forces making me giggle.

"Okay, so fashion and brains.. Let me see." I trail off looking at the rails of clothes.

Ella is a known shopaholic and has admitted her problem, she has told me over a cinnamon bun that she gets depressed when she doesn't spend. Serious shopaholic.

Humming to myself, I pause at a small section of clothes, putting my bedtime reading to use as I stand there looking at her clothes. I knew Vogues season colour this year was reds. Finding a dress, I pull it down and see that it was a burgundy midi dress with lace detailing. Turning to her vast collection of shoes, I hold the dress over them until I stop on a pair of nude heels.

After less than 5 minutes, I step out with an outfit. Ella's eyes lock onto the dress before her mouth parts to use an excuse of why she can't wear it.

"Ah ah ah. You said you would try." I speak raising a brow.

Sighing, she slipped off the edge of her bed and took the items before changing.

"Why red?" She asks pulling her head through the hole.

"Vogues season colour is red. With your skin tone and hair, you suit burgundy more." I reply packing a small clutch bag for her.

"Seriously? How do you know this and I don't?"

I shrug "Nighttime reader. Now let's see."

Turning I find her pushing her feet into the heels, her hands smoothing over the dress.

"Perfect. Red gives his mom something to approve of. Now I think a sleek side bun for a sophisticated lady that his dad would approve of." I suggest as I check my phone to see how it would look.