Lessons

"Well somebody looks positively glowing." Ella speaks as I enter work the next morning. I give her a coy smile and slip off my bag before stuffing it under the counter. "How is Hunter?" She asks.

"He's good."

"I bet he is." She responds with a cackle.

My face flushes instantly as I realise she had twisted my words. "Shush."

"Don't be a sour puss. What's wrong with a healthy sexual relationship?"

"Nothing.." I respond as my eyes linger on my phone I had placed under the till.

I was waiting and had been waiting for a call from Zak. It had been almost a week and a half and he still hadn't replied to my calls or texts. Leading me to believe that I had done something wrong. What else could it be?

"So why do you have a miserable face?" Ella questions leaning onto the counter in front of my phone.

I chew my lip wanting to vent my frustrations to her, but I stop seeing her eyes fixate on my neck. I slap my hand over my neck and pull my hair forward to cover the bite mark Hunter had left.

"What is that on your neck?" She giggles.

"Please don't. I've tried everything."

"Toothpaste?"

"Yep... None of my make up seems to cover it. I haven't got anything else other than concealer and foundation. All of which is a complete skin tone difference than my neck. I've never had to deal with this monstrosity before." I complain.

Ella grasps my chin and forces my head to the side.  "You could say its a bruise, its got the tones, the blue, red and purple.."

"Oh god don't."

"You need a yellow based concealer, then most likely a green concealer to hide the red. Before using the same foundation you use on your face to hide it and then blend. Oh and finishing powder is a must, to keep it looking natural."

"I- What?" I breathe. Green concealer?

"Wear a cute scarf."

"It's too freakin' hot. I'm gonna kill him." I answer.

"Or a turtle neck. Maybe wear a neck brace to keep him away all together. How many do you have?!"

"4... 2 are visible.. The other twos location are not to be discussed."

"Mina Brooks! You hussy!"

I groan out loud and shove my hair away from my neck as my temperature rises. "What am I suppose to do? It's too hot."

"Okay, chillax. Don't give yourself a hernia." Ella replies diving into her bag before retrieving her makeup bag.

I stand patiently as she fixes me up, after a few minutes she stands back to admire her work. "Damn, I am good."

She turns grabs a small compact mirror and hands it over to me. I scan my neck furiously before crying out in joy. "Oh I love you!"

"Well thanks hun. You do know I don't bend that way.. Right?" She teases.

"Shut up. You're a life saver. Write down everything I need to cover these." I plead before throwing my hair into a pony tail and sighing as the air conditioner fans my neck.

"Heard anything from Zak?" She asks as she's leant on the counter compiling my list on a napkin.

"Nothing. I've text him about his watch, I've called him a few times and now I've given up. He knows where I am."