Intoxicate

I rub my forehead gently in slight frustration at the flickering of my car radio

I rub my forehead gently in slight frustration at the flickering of my car radio. Sighing, I took my eyes off the road to look over at Mina who was fiddling around with it since we had left  my moms party.

It was now 2am..

"Leave it." I complain as she pushes buttons back and forth between songs. My hand removes hers only to have her other hand come up and push another button.

"Hey, leave me alone. Oh I like this one!" She claps before singing along quietly in the seat beside me, clicking her fingers and bobbing her head to the  rhythm.

"How much did you drink?" I question seeing affects of alcohol on her.

Her smile was lazy and she had removed her shoes as soon as she got into the car.

"One, twelve." She replied making me frown.

"You didn't drink a hundred and twelve glasses of champagne.."

"Oh this is my jam!" She called out over me and flicked up the radio loud.

I scoffed as she began singing along to it.

"Let's spend time not money. I mix your milk with my cocoa puff. Milky milky milky, mix your mix with my cocoa puff, milky milky riiiiigh!"

I roll my eyes and concentrate on the road ahead, but before I realise it, Mina is half way out of her seat and leaning over towards me.

"M-Mina!" I shout as she giggles.

"Spendin' all your money on me and spending time on me!" She sang nuzzling into my neck.

I fight the urge to pull the car over, her games have had me on edge all evening and I've been left confused as to how we had even got to the stage of flirting. Maybe it was all part of the game? But she needed to know that those kind of games lead people on.

"Get in your seat." I order pulling away from her as the smell of alcohol lingers on her breath.

This is why she's like this, a cat in heat.. Because she's drunk. Not because she wants me.

"I want to sit with you though."

"You can, by sitting there."

"No... I want to sit on your lap. Please?" She asks biting onto my ear.

I gulp and shake my head clear of the wicked thoughts stirring inside me.