Chapter 9: Terms Of The Treaty

"She can't stay there!" Elijah replied incredulously when we explained that Rebekah refused to join us. "She cannot fight them alone!"

"Yeah well then you're gonna have to tell her that." I replied with a sigh when his phone started to ring.

"It's Marcel." He answered the phone grumpily and it was obvious Marcel knew of his sour mood. "Your timing is perfectly horrendous."

"Too bad." Marcel replied, snarky with his voice. "I need your help. Hayley caught someone tailing her, she knocked him out and brought him to the gym for a bit of a Q&A. Turns out he's part of the Strix."

"Did he say the Strix?" I repeated, turning to Elijah in horror.

"His name is Shen Min." I snatched the phone out of Elijah's hand and got ready to bark out some orders.

"Shen Min is a vampire that was known as the Red Sorrow before he was turned. I don't care what questions you have, you execute him immediately." I snapped.

"Fiore." Freya said sternly but I was in no mood for a lecture.

"Before he wakes up you tear his head clean off his neck, do you understand?" I hung up the phone and downed my drink joining Rebekah, Freya and Elijah in Morocco once again.

"It's good to see you." Rebekah said, smiling at her brother. "Even if you aren't in flesh and blood form."

"It is time to come home, Rebekah." Elijah told her firmly.

"No way." She said, shaking her head vehemently. "I am too close to bringing back Kol."

"You're even closer to your own destruction." Elijah replied with a frustrated sigh.

"Kol will have to wait, Bex." I said with a disappointed sigh. "The Strix are here and they're making their move already."

"The Strix?" She asked in a shock. "What happened?"

"Hayley and Marcel had an encounter with Shen Min."

"Then what are you doing here?" Rebekah asked in a horror. "Go save them before the bloody lunatic gets free!"

"We will." Elijah said, looking at his sister with a serious expression. "Give me your word. Come home now. No detours."

She looked at both me and Freya who reluctantly agreed with Elijah.

"Fine." She said with a reluctant sigh. "But that handsome fool had better be alive when I get back. Hayley too."

"Make sure she returns." Elijah said, turning to Freya and me.

"Oh, I'm coming with you." I said as I got to my feet. "I'll see the both of you later tonight."

**********************************************************************************

Elijah and I rushed into the gym where Shen Min was about to extract the hearts of both Marcel and Hayley simultaneously when I broke one of Marcel's punching poles and impaled him through the chest with it, freeing the two up.

"Are you okay?" Elijah said, dashing up to check on Hayley who nodded in reply.

"Don't worry, I'm fine too." Marcel muttered bitterly whilst rolling his eyes.

"Maybe I might've asked you Marcel if you took out the rubbish when I bloody told you to." I snapped at him before turning to go check on Shen Min who was still impaled with the block of wood.

"Between the blood loss and Hayley's bite, I doubt you have much time to get answers." Marcel said grumpily.

"Then let's make the most of it." Elijah said, pulling our captive up in a chokehold and compelling him.

"Why were you following Hayley?"

"I was ordered to remove her from the playing field. She is an obstacle to who we truly want." He spluttered.

"Which is?"

"Davina Claire." I looked to Marcel and Elijah, the three of us all being unsettled by his confession.

"What do you want with her?" Elijah continued. "Speak."

"I'd rather die." He pulled off his daylight ring and immediately burst into flames while the rest of us watched as he died in front of us.

**********************************************************************************

"There was a time when all I wanted was to find my family." Hayley said as she joined me on the balcony. "It consumed me. And then, once I did, as crazy as it is, all I wanted was a home. New Orleans is that home. And the Strix are trying to take that, aren't they?"

"It doesn't matter if they're trying." I replied with a calm shrug. "We won't let them."

"Elijah told me the terms of our peace treaty by the way." Hayley said, turning to face me. "And I wanna thank you for even agreeing to it at all. I'm sorry for trying to take Grace away from you. It was stupid of me to ever do something like that and I'm sorry. Jack will apologise when he gets here. Actually, he's already supposed to be here."

"Thank you." I told her, but I knew that something was off with her. "Hayley, I meant it when I said we will stop whatever the Strix is planning."

"Might be a bit harder than we had once thought." Elijah said as he walked in with a frustrated expression.

"Where is Rebekah?" I asked as he entered with both Freya and Marcel whose averted gazes gave away the answer. "Somebody get Nik."

"No need." He said as he walked into the room. "Rest assured I am working on Rebekah's return as we speak. But I'm glad you're all here. I've decided it is time we come clean."

"What?" I asked, looking as they all turned to face me.

"Blossom, before Silas died, he told me something." Nik said, coming up to me and looking into my eyes. "Your immortality spell needs an emotion to latch onto and before it was your fear, and when you had Grace it was your love for her but when we had to give her away—it latched onto your anger. Every time you get angry now, your eyes change to a bright purple—"

"Or this really awful black void thing that literally makes you want to kill yourself." Hayley added.

"That's why people kept talking about your eyes. I'm sorry I had to keep it from you, but Silas asked me to do so. And with the prophecy coming into play, I thought it best you knew." Nik said, looking at me sheepishly. I looked around the room at all of them in complete shock.

"Oh." A woman of many words I am.

"Are you angry?" He asked worriedly.

"No." I said with a sigh. "I'm a bit shocked, but I'm not angry or upset or anything. Thank you for finally telling me."

"If we're coming clean." Hayley said with a deep sigh. "I've got a secret of my own."

"Hayley, don't." Elijah started but she shook her head.

"It's time." She took a deep breath and looked directly at me. "It's a secret I've been keeping from most of you actually. And I hope when this is over and done with, you'll still be able to forgive me."

"Whatever it is, you can tell us, Hayley." Freya said, smiling at her warmly.

"Here goes—everything."

A/N: I know, I know, I said Hayley's secret is coming out this week and I did mean it but I changed my mind, Sorrrrryyyyyy. I promise though, next week IT ALL COMES OUT! So this is your last and final chance to make your predictions!

Sorry it was late, I didn't have the chance to add songs and stuff! I hope you enjoyed! At least now Fiore knows about her own secret and she seemed to take it well, do you think she'll take Hayley's the same, better or worse?

Please vote, comment and follow! I really appreciate it, love you as always! Until next time! X