Chapter 28: The Moment You Feel Complete

~Klaus POV~

Klaus woke up the next morning, expecting to see Fiore lying beside him. He frowned when he saw she wasn't there and in place was a note of hers, explaining she'd gone back to Camille's. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed in frustration. He felt like it was everyone's and no one's fault. Fiore was prone to leaving him, but they had never been in a situation like this. She hated his family. And he was torn because he loved Fiore, but he loved his siblings too. He knew it was only a matter of time before Fiore made him choose. And he didn't know who he loved more. Klaus furiously smashed his room to pieces as he paced about in despair of his situation. He was going to lose her. And he wouldn't be able to come back from this one.

~Fiore POV~

I sat beside Cami's dead body in anger, thinking of who would have done this to her, prepared to kill everyone and everybody in the most vulgar way possible.

"Rey?" I froze up in shock and turned to see a confused looking Cami. She rubbed her neck in pain and looked at me. I rushed up to her and caressed her face, kissing the top of it and sighing in relief.

"Tell me what happened." I said as she wiped tears from my eyes.

"Andromeda."

~Cami POV~

Cami had been hearing the movement in her apartment and despite her numerous SOS calls to Fiore, she still hadn't arrived. Someone was in her apartment with her. She picked up her bag and headed for the door only to meet Fiore standing outside of it.

"Rey! Finally!" Cami said with a sigh of relief. "Someone's in here."

"Cami, you need to let us in." Fiore told her frantically.

"Us?"

"Just do it! You can trust me!" Fiore continued.

"Okay, okay you and whoever can come in." Cami said as she stepped aside for Fiore and her friend to come in.

"Hold her down Odessa." The stranger said and the doppelganger obliged.

"Get off me!" Cami screamed, knowing she was in danger.

"Relax." Odessa compelled her and Cami did as was told. "There's a good girl."

"I'm not sure whether this is going to work but just in case it does, why not try it?" The stranger said as she pulled the blonde towards her and compelled. "The moment you see Fiore Mikaelson express any positive emotion whatsoever, you will come back here as soon as possible, raising minimal suspicion and take this vial of blood. And then you'll drink it and slit your throat, bleeding out silently. You'll want to cry out, but you will not make a sound."

"I saw you and Klaus yesterday." She explained frantically. "You kissed him and I—I just knew—I knew you were the happiest you had ever been and—Oh my gosh, I'm dead! I died."

"But you won't stay dead, Cami." Fiore said, taking the transitioning vampire's hand in hers and squeezing it as a fury grew for Andromeda. "She will pay for her actions; I swear to you that—"

"Woah." Cami said as she started to feel limp. "What's happening?"

"You're in transition, love. You need to feed or you'll die... for good this time."

~Fiore POV~

Klaus and I sat at the bar in his study, waiting for Elijah to join us after we had explained what had transpired the night before.