Chapter 46: Anger Not Sold Separately

We walked into the study where Freya and Elijah where discussing the whereabouts of their daggered sister. I was slightly saddened at thought because although I knew it was necessary, it still hurt to know she was incapacitated. This prophecy was just determined to turn everything I had become accustomed to on its head.

"The prophecy says you four will be felled by friend, family, foe and flower. Rebekah was fallen by family. Fiore is no doubt the flower. That leaves friend and foe. You and Klaus have a lot of foes."

"Just one or two." I said with a light chuckle.

"And thankfully not many friends." Freya said although she was eyeing Stefan suspiciously.

"Where are my manners? Freya, this is Stefan Salvatore, an old friend. One of my trickle-down sirelings. Long story." Klaus explained. Elijah rolled his eyes and Freya continued to stare at Stefan warily. "Stefan, this is Freya, my brand-new older sister. Also a long story."

"Stefan's here for a favour." I said with a fake smile that he returned with a weaker one.

"You're an old 'friend', hmm?" Freya asked him suspiciously.

"Depends on your definition." He said with a nervous smile. "Another long story."

"Speaking of long stories—introducing Fiore 1.5." Klaus added with a chuckle making Elijah and Freya look back at me in shock.

"Anger not sold separately." I said, rolling my eyes as I dragged Stefan to Freya's witching room with Freya trailing behind us. I unbuttoned his shirt to examine the mark and whilst the three of us sat in silence, Stefan eventually decided to break the silence.

"So um Freya, full disclosure... I dated your sister once." He told her nervously making both Freya and myself laugh.

"That seems like a great story." She said, trying to stifle her laugher.

"And believe me it is but it's probably best that I sort out your wound before this amulet drains me completely." I placed my hand on the wound and was able to see what happened to him as Rayna stabbed Stefan with her sword in the shoulder and to when I killed her. "So she stabbed you, I killed her but she's still regenerating and won't rest until your dead. Grand."

"Yeah, so no matter how far I run, this wound draws her to me." He said with a nervous chuckle. "I guess you could say it's been a rough week."

"You could be me. Do you have any idea how unsettling it is to be this close to the chest of a man that looks exactly like my dad?" I said, cringing and making Freya laugh again as I rubbed an herbal paste onto the wound. "But maybe it's time for the week to change, hm? I can't cure your wound but I can block your signal. So when it dries, you can be on your merry way."

"You know, not that I was expecting a, uh, parade or anything, but why is everyone so eager for me to go?" Stefan said as he frowned in confusion.

"What's troubling the Mikaelsons? Oh, let's see. There's Elijah's super-secret society of ancient vampires..." Freya began. "One of their more zealous allies, another one of Klaus's sirelings, is trying to undo my mother's most powerful spell... In other words, it's been a rough week here too."

~Elijah POV~

"Stefan Salvatore is not the problem." Klaus told his brother as they walked to the front of the compound. "But, if you are so determined to find foe amongst friends, then look no further than Marcel. After all, did he not steal Jackson's heart and deliver it to the very people bent on harming us?"

"Marcel is the least of our problems, Niklaus." Elijah told his brother impatiently. "The Strix and the Sisters would still be clamouring over Hayley's heart if it weren't for Marcel."