Chapter 73: Better Than Sex

I made my way to the Bayou where Lara had been thought dead and found her inside a cabin making her favourite tea. Some things never change.

"In two thousand years, I haven't found anything I enjoy as much as this." She said as she brought her cup up to her lips. "Except for maybe sex. And the blood curdling sound of my enemies screams."

"I'd say sex is number one for me." I said as she handed me a mug.

"Klaus is that good in bed?" She asked as she telekinetically set a table for us to sit on.

"Don't sound so surprised!" I said, rolling my eyes at her.

"I'm sorry but the two times I had sex with a man, not only did I get pregnant, but it was also the worst sex of my life." She said with a shrug. "So where do we start, lovie?"

"How about the unholy trinity?" I asked her.

"All dead." She replied nonchalantly. "Tristan was the first to go, I needed access to the Strix and he wasn't very good at sharing, so I let Lucien kill him after a week or two. He was a screamer. Aurora was slippery. Every time I had her, she got out. But the dumb bitch was so obsessed with her brother, she kept coming back for him. So eventually I got her and killed her too. She wasn't of much use alive and she wasn't that nice to look at either so she had to go. Very whiney. She was also a crier. Quite annoying. At least her death wasn't a complete waste."

"And was Lucien a crier too?" I asked her, trying to remain calm.

"No, he was actually a great help! I almost let him live!" She told me. "Yeah, he gave me access to his company and all sorts. But he was too ambitious. He wanted to share the reins on my plan. But I've been planning this before his parents' conception and I couldn't handle his emotional attachment to that girl, especially when it led him to lie to me. It wasn't even mildly entertaining, so sadly he had to go too. Any questions?"

~Klaus POV~

"Are you ready?" Rebekah asked her older brother as they stood outside the compound.

"Are you?" Klaus asked as he looked warily at the hex on her wrist.

"For Fiore's plan to work, I can't go mad and you can't die. What are the bloody odds of that?" Rebekah asked him worriedly.

"Wasn't it you who once said I could talk my way out of hell?" She rolled her eyes and hugged him one last time before entering the compound.

"The great Klaus Mikaelson has decided to grace us with his presence." Marcel sneered.

"I've nothing to hide, Marcel." Klaus said with a shrug. "You wish to put me on trial for my many grievous sins. Well, go on. Have at it."

The mob began to cheer as they forced the Original Hybrid into a box where Marcel went on to address him.

"Klaus Mikaelson. Sire to a thousand years' worth of angry faces. How does it feel to be this hated?" Marcel asked him as he gestured around him. "Go on. Look at them! They're all yours, after all. Do you remember him? 1694. His wife accused Rebekah of witch craft. So you turned him and then compelled him to drain his wife dry. Or this man. He was a simple farmer. In 1745, he made the mistake of owning land that you wanted. You could've easily taken it. Instead, you turned him and then made him burn his entire village to the ground. Or this woman. 1891. Her mother had pneumonia. Coughed all through the night. You got annoyed. So you turned them both, and made her watch as you burned her mother alive."

"Yes, yes, yes, my sins were terrible indeed. But they taught the world to fear me, and that fear protected my family." Klaus replied in defence of himself.