Chapter 22: Queen of Stories

~Elijah POV~

"The spell is complete." Freya told her younger brother as she put her niece back in a carrier. "Odessa cannot cross the boundary of her own will, but we can enter and leave as we please. I also took the liberty of binding her magic too." Elijah stared at Odessa as she sat in a chair encased by Freya's binding circle.

"So is this it? You're gonna compel me now?" Odessa said, rolling her eyes. "Sorry but you can't do that and I can't tell you what you want to know."

"We'll find other ways to make you talk." Freya said with a shrug as she picked up an old-fashioned dagger.

"Oh, will we now?" Elijah asked her as he held out his hand for the dagger.

"You're still upset that I tortured Aurora without your permission." Freya said as she reluctantly gave him the blade.

"Oh Freya. I'm obscenely fond of torture. But yes, when I'm entertaining, I like to be the one to choose precisely when and how we violate the guests." He said as he placed the blade down on the table. "I also prefer when we keep them in our sights at all times so that our enemies don't take them from us."

"Fine." Freya huffed. "How do we proceed?"

"Devastate her body, infiltrate her mind and steal the information we need." Elijah explained. "To that end, I've invited a friend."

"I'm guessing I'm that friend." Hayley said as she entered the room and smirked at them.

"Hayley?" Freya said, turning to her brother in disapproval. "Last I checked you and Jackson's relationship was teetering due to your constant involvement here and yet you've come to help us so soon?"

"Yeah, well it kinda toppled." She sighed. "Jack's gone, and I don't know if he's coming back. I also really don't want to talk about it. So, I suggest one of you watches over Grace while I take out my anger on this backstabbing bitch."

Elijah was shocked by Hayley's revelation but quickly pressed forward and shot his sister a significant look that made her move towards Grace.

"Come here, baby girl." Freya picked Grace up from her carrier and shot Hayley a sympathetic look before leaving.

"Bon appetite!" Elijah said smirking at her as she pounced on Odessa who screamed out in pain as Hayley viciously bit her.

~Klaus POV~

Klaus had spent the night looking for Fiore to no avail and when morning came he had returned to Lara's penthouse and burst in angrily.

"Ever heard of knocking?" Lara asked with a smirk.

"I afford courtesy to those who are in my good graces! You've fallen short." Klaus retorted furiously.

"Well maybe this will put me back in. Even I can admit that this whole mishap with Fiore has gotten a bit out of hand."

"Out of your hand! You put her in danger!"

"I actually put her in protective custody! Her decision to leave was rather ill-advised. See for yourself." Lara poured herself a drink as she allowed Klaus to see the security tapes in which a mysterious figure was in the elevator with Fiore's unconscious body slumped on the floor. She held her palm up to the camera with the words Jackson Square written on it. Klaus widened his eyes in horror and Lara shrugged at him. "Call me pessimistic but that does not bode well for Fiore."

"Who is that?" Klaus asked her enraged.

"A formidable foe to most." Lara said with a shrug. "She's hired quite often so she's probably been sent by someone."