Chapter 61: A New Garden

~Lara POV~

Lara entered her home and found it empty. They had been ambushed and no doubt Andromeda had lost. She grumpily made her way to the mirror on her wall and pulled out her hidden camera to review what events had taken place. She fast-forwarded through the boring bits until she came across a particularly aggravating clip.

"Tell me, when you bricked me up in that awfully claustrophobic tomb, did you ever think that the roles would be reversed?" Andromeda asked Klaus.

"Yes Andromeda, when I bricked you up, this is exactly what I was anticipating. From start to finish, I had even predicted your fabricated relationship with Lara." Klaus replied rolling his eyes. "Tell me, do you really think you could ever love that psycho? Last I heard you were deeply in love with Odessa and had been for a very long time."

"I loved Odessa and I still do. Despite the fact that Elijah turned her against me." Andromeda snapped. "Poor sweet Lara. I was only ever with her so that she wouldn't go after Odessa and it worked. And still, after all these years, she remains such a dedicated love. Such a shame I'll never see her as more than a means to an end. But, if she wants to exact my revenge on Elijah in a bid to win my heart, why shouldn't I let her? Wouldn't be the first of her gifts I've accepted."

Lara cut the video and began to tear her place up to pieces. After all she had done for Andromeda she was repaid in lies and false niceties. And instead of being able to take out her revenge swiftly, she would have to wait. But she knew it would give her time to plan. Andromeda was going to be erased from this planet and it would hurt.

However, as angry as Lara was, she knew she wasn't upset. Because any and all feelings she had for Andromeda were already beginning to wither away, making room for a new garden.

~Freya POV~

As Freya finished casting the sleeping spell on Andromeda, she sat there and sighed about the last time she was asleep and what she did there.

"Where am I?" She asked as she found herself in a strange environment. It was a beautiful little garden and she was also wearing a stunning purple dress. However, Freya knew she was asleep and somehow it seemed too realistic.

"A gorgeous field in the English countryside." Freya turned back in surprise at the sound of Lara's voice. "Although I have never seen it look quite as good as this."

"You know what I was asking."

"Fine, we're in your dream." Lara answered with a shrug. "I figured there was no way we'd be able to go on a date in real life, might as well do it in a dream."

"And why would I want to go on a date with you?" Freya asked her in disbelief. "You killed my brother!"

"Yeah, well your family took a lot from me too." Lara snapped back.

"You are holding me against my will!" Freya snapped.

"You wish. I don't pursue lost causes; I assure you I wouldn't be here Freya if you didn't want me to be." Lara said with a smirk.

"You killed my brother." Freya repeated.

"And still you're here." Lara told her as she got closer and closer to her before taking her face in her hands. "I'm gonna try and kiss you now. If you don't want me to, stop me at any moment." Freya felt her heartbeat quicken as Lara got closer and closer to her face until eventually she kissed her. The kiss was tender, gentle and loving, something Freya hadn't felt in a long time and something she definitely did not expect from Lara. She wanted more. She craved her. The kiss became more forceful and suddenly Freya found herself doing things she never thought she would, with someone she had never expected and in a place she would never have dared to.