Chapter 62: Tell Me Again Tomorrow

~Cami POV~

Cami woke up from the sound of clatter in her kitchen. She looked and saw Lara putting the kettle on the stove. That was when she had remembered what happened that night.

"Ah you're awake! Wonderful! You've got a big day ahead of you, sweetheart." Lara said with a smile as she walked towards her. "Did you sleep well? I personally had the loveliest of dreams."

"You bit me." Cami said as she gasped in horror at the sight of the bite mark on her arm. "I'm—I'm gonna die."

"Yes, sorry about that." She said with a shrug. "But let's not pretend like your days weren't numbered the moment you got involved with that family. Especially since you went after the two most formidable of them all. It's what happens to all those that get close to them. Excluding me."

Cami had begun to rustle through her bag looking for something that would give her enough time to escape from Lara. She pulled out the devil's star and threw it at her, the cuts distracting her and allowing Cami to run away. As she ran, she heard Lara call out one last thing.

"Send my love to Freya."

~Fiore POV~

"Rey!" I ran to the front of the compound where Cami was weakly hurrying inside.

"What is it?" I asked her worriedly.

"Something happened to me and you're going to get mad, but that's what she wants. She wants you and Klaus and everyone else to be mad." She said quietly. "She wants to lure you into her trap."

"Camille, what did she do?" I asked her worriedly.

"No, no, no." She said, stepping away from me. "Before I tell you, I need you to promise that you won't fly off the handle and do something you'll regret. Your anger is your worst enemy, you know that. So promise me."

It was then that I noticed the bite on her arm. I pulled her arm towards me and saw the bite in its full form. She had the incurable venom running in her veins.

"She bit you." I muttered.

"Hey, hey, before you lose it, I love you, Fiore. I know you love Klaus and I know I told you I didn't love you but I do. And I can't let you die because of me."

"Camille, I—"

"I just wanted you to know, okay." She stumbled and I caught her in my arms.

"Nice try love, but you can tell me tomorrow, hm?" I picked her up and carried her in my arms. "There's no way in hell that you die today."

**********************************************************************************

We had all convened in the in one of the upstairs lounges and had laid Cami down on the sofa. I had flipped through all my books and others trying to find a way to save her. I had managed to make a healing salve with the help of Freya but I couldn't bring myself to put it on her. I started to move towards her but as I did, I began to tremble. My husband silently took my hand and squeezed before taking it from me himself.

"Hold still. This will really hurt." He pressed the cloth to her bite and he recoiled in pain.

"What even is that?" She asked us.

"A healing salve." Freya explained. "Motherwort, white willow bark, the recipe's over a thousand years old. It will ease the pain, dull the symptoms, but it won't stop the infection."

"So I'm screwed." She said bitterly.

"We're gonna do everything we can." Hayley assured her.

"To that end, some assistance." Elijah walked in with a sobered Vincent.