Chapter 42: Facts

~Freya POV~

Freya awakened on the couch of an unfamiliar setting. As she tried to focus her eyes, she was able to determine that she was in a carpenter's shop along with none other than Andromeda herself.

"What did you do to me?" Freya asked her groggily.

"I dosed you with the solution I use to keep myself and Odessa alive." Andromeda said with a shrug. "Quite effective, don't you think?"

Freya stood up, wobbling on her feet as she held up her hand and began to mumble an incoherent line of phrases, unable to cast her spell. As her efforts proved to be pointless, she collapsed back on the couch and Andromeda couldn't help but laugh at her.

"Oh, you poor thing." Andromeda said as she crouched down to her level. "Unfortunately, I've spent enough time with witches to know that casting spells requires focus, and focus requires clarity of mind, something you don't currently have."

Freya weakly tried to push her away and onto the ground, but Andromeda remained in place, laughing as her attempts continued to be worthless.

"My brothers will come from me." She told her furiously.

"That's exactly what I'm counting on. And if they bring Fiore as well, then my job just became a lot easier." Andromeda got up and picked up a gleaming pistol. "The real question is—will you still be alive when they get here? Do you like it? I'm not the biggest fan of guns but I had this one custom made and as a result, I'm quite fond of it."

"If you're going to shoot me, then do it!" Freya snapped as she mustered up her strength to stand up against her.

"Gladly." Andromeda pulled the trigger and Freya gasped in pain as the bullet pierced her stomach and she fell to the floor in pain, whilst Andromeda blew on her gun and smirked, clearly satisfied with her work.

~Fiore POV~

"Freya isn't here." Klaus said as we arrived at a carpenter's shop and he used his hybrid tracking scent to find her. "But she was—I can smell her blood—but the scent is stronger west."

"You track that; we'll take the cabin." I told my husband, who looked at me worriedly. "I'll be fine, Klaus. I promised, remember?"

"Okay." He said, nodding in agreement. "Whatever happens—Andromeda dies today." Klaus left the two of us and Elijah put a finger up to his mouth before placing a hand on my head and using his vampire telepathy to talk to me.

"When we get in that cabin, you hide, understood?" I nodded in agreement and Elijah ushered me in. He started to peruse the cabin and I immediately dashed into the shadows, preparing for what was most likely inevitable. I held my breath as Andromeda appeared behind him with a gun cocked to his head.

"Andromeda." Elijah said, turning to face her as he noticed her presence.

"Modern weaponry for the modern woman. With a little flair, of course. I was telling your sister all about it. I simply couldn't help myself. Look at it! So pretty."

"Pretty vulgar." Elijah replied in disgust. "Theatrical and tasteless, like holding a mirror up to the owner. Now where is my sister?"

"Oh, Elijah." She said with a sigh. "You really are the stick in the mud of this family. Along with darling Freya—although she's a bit more literal. Poor dear is out there dying. If she isn't dead already that is."

"You understand legions of deadly enemies have fallen by my family's hand. What makes you think you stand a chance?" Elijah told her patronisingly.