Chapter 10: Tales of The Boy Who Never Lived

~Hayley POV~

She looked around the room and turned to Klaus. She tried to decipher whose reaction would be the worst, his or Fiore's. Freya would be upset, but she would come around and if Fiore didn't kill her after this, Klaus probably would. But the hybrid was tired of carrying the heavy burden of guilt with her and knew she couldn't do it every day for the rest of her life.

"My baby's death wasn't an accident. Fiore didn't kill him. I did. With Mikael."

The room fell silent, no one said a word, no one's faces said a word as they all stared at her in disbelief and Hayley couldn't tell if that would end up working out in her best interest or not when Fiore spoke up.

"Tell me what happened." Fiore demanded.

Hayley woke up on the Other Side knowing what she had to do. She looked around and found both her baby's body and hers. But someone else had gotten to it first.

"This yours?" Mikael sneered.

"Stay away from me!" She snapped, circling around the body with him.

"This is mine now." He picked up both bodies and brought his fangs to her body. "One more move and it's light out, little wolf."

"What do you want from me?"

"Nothing. I just want that bastard child to suffer!" Mikael told her. "That means no baby."

"NO!" She yelled. "Please no, they'll kill me."

"Sounds like a problem for you, not me." He said with a shrug.

"Please! I never wanted this! Sleeping with Klaus a mistake, this baby is a mistake! I just wanted a family!" She said, pleading with him now.

Mikael paused for a moment, weighing his options before turning to her with a devious smirk.

"Fine." Mikael replied. "You are here by Fiore's doing, right?"

"Yeah."

"Then we frame her." Mikael said, smirking even wider. "You leave without the baby and when it is discovered that you are no longer with child, and that it is a result of her, the bastard will lose both his child and his wife."

"No, I can't do that to her." She said starting to sob.

"Why?" Mikael asked with a scoff. "She doesn't like you, I'm almost certain she plans to kill you once you have the child. But if you lose your precious baby because of her, she'll be indebted to you. Neither her nor the bastard, will kill you and you still get a baby free life. There is no losing for you in this situation. Either way your child is going to die, the only option is if you die along with him."

"So I went along with his plan." Hayley said, looking away from them.

"I hope you thought about your last words." Fiore had said, glaring at her. Her eyes had become a bright purple for a brief second only to turn into a black abyss. It was over for them all as everyone in the room began to feel unspeakable torment.

"Sorry Fiore, but you can't kill her." Elliott said, sauntering into the room unharmed by the weight of Fiore's anger.

"Elliott, get out of here! This has nothing to do with you." Fiore said, still fuming, but with the entrance of Elliott her eyes had become purple once again.

"It has everything to do with me." Elliott said with a chuckle. "I introduced myself as Elliott Martin, but that's not exactly true. I chose those names myself. My parents never got to name me because my mom let my grandad kill me."