Chapter 47: Love And Control

"We could use one of these access tunnels to slip into a backroom." Stefan said as we looked over a blueprint for the Davilla Estate.

"Hmm." Lara said with a frown.

"What? Are you worried about getting a little dirt on your thousand-dollar shoes?" I asked her with a smug smile.

"More like concerned about doing all the heavy lifting because you're only as good as your unpredictable amulet and the rest of you are seven times younger than the vampires we aim to face." She said with an even more smug smile. "How is this the best help we have to our name?"

"Doesn't matter." Marcel said as he got off the phone. "Strix from all over the world are flying in to make sure this spell goes off. Every entrance and exit is guarded."

"Well aren't you their leader? Call it off." Lara said, rolling her eyes.

"Their OG leader has come back from the dead. You really think they're gonna follow me over her?" Marcel asked with a raised brow.

"Damn that gorgeous girl's winning charm." Lara said, shaking her head. "I guess it's up to me to come up with a plan then."

"No need Lara." Hayley said as she entered with Freya. "Freya figured out a way to get the guys out of the chambre. She just needs a strong enough power source."

"I'd channel Finn, but he's all for letting our brothers perish. So, I'll channel Lara. The older the vampire, the better the battery." Freya said with a shrug. "But I will need the rest of you to keep the Strix occupied. Giving me the time to save the others."

"Wait, so you want me here holding hands with the leftover sister while the toddlers tackle the Strix? You must be jok—" Freya flicked her wrist, snapping Lara's neck and allowing the rest of us to laugh.

"Impressive." Stefan said with a smile.

"I work better with quiet." She said with a shrug.

"So the plan is that the three of us are gonna keep one hundred of the world's most ancient vampires occupied?" Marcel asked incredulously.

"I think you mean four." I said, glaring at him.

"Fiore, you can't come. If you die, Klaus will kill all of us." Marcel said with a sigh.

"You are not in control of me." I snapped. "And neither is Klaus. So I'm coming."

"Well there could be another way..." Stefan interjected, trying to break up the dispute. "Just get us to the front door."

**********************************************************************************

"Are we close?" Stefan asked as he, Hayley and I sat in the boot of Marcel's car. I had been monitoring our position on the sat-nav on my phone.

"Only a few more minutes left." I exited the app and went onto my home screen, which was a picture of Grace, with a smile. A smile that both Stefan and Hayley shared with me.

"She's beautiful."

"Isn't she?"

"Is she why you're here?" He continued.

"In a car boot with you two crazies going to a fight I may not come out alive from?" I said with a chuckle. "She's not the only reason, but she's the main one. And I—well I can't let her grow up without a father."

"I guess that depends on the father. I definitely could've done without mine." Stefan said soberly. "If it weren't for Damon, I probably wouldn't have survived the guy."