Mine And Only Mine

A/N: This short takes place between the beginning of Enigmatic Departues and the end of Enigmatic Reunions! Hope you enjoy!

"Hello? Hello? I'm here to deliver a package to one Fiore Mikaelson."

I wasn't expecting anything and so I turned to Nik who was sat opposite me with Grace playing about in his arms.

"Did you get me something?" I inquired.

"Nope." He said with a shrug, clearly preoccupied with his daughter. "I wouldn't even have the time to. Now call me crazy, but isn't there an easy way to solve this mystery? You could go open your parcel."

"If you didn't have my only daughter in your arms, I would throw something at you." I said as I got up from the bed.

"Then it's a good thing I do." He replied, smirking cheekily at me.

I went down the stairs to go see what had come in the post for me and was met with a very average looking delivery man. I smiled at him and he cockily returned it as he handed me my package.

"Here you go."

"Thank you ever so much." I replied, thinking he would take that as his cue to leave—he did not. "I wonder what this is."

"You should open it."

I let out an uncomfortable giggle as I tore open the box revealing a statue of a Greek goddess along with a note from Damon Salvatore. "In your home country! Saw this and thought of you, lots of love from your favourite Salvatore brother, Damon."

"That's Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty." He told me suggestively. "No wonder it reminds that guy of you."

"Actually love, that's Nemesis, the goddess of retribution." I corrected. "Which is a far more accurate portrayal."

"Still a goddess."

"Um, would you like a tip?" I asked, hoping that was what he was waiting for.

"Your phone number is more than enough." He winked at me and I had to stifle laughter, he took that to mean that his skills were working.

"Listen..."

"Greg."

"Greg." I repeated. "I'm sure you will make someone else very happy, but that isn't me."

"You'd be surprised."

"I'm married sweetheart. With kids."

"Marriages end all the time. Tons of kids have stepfathers."

Enter Nik.

In the blink of an eye, my husband was at my side, tightly sliding his arm around my waist in a show of dominance that he was prone to making.

"How did you get here so fast?" The delivery man asked in shock.

"My speed isn't what you should be worried about, Greg." Nik grabbed his arm and stared directly into his eyes and compelled. "You, Gregory, are now going to leave my home. You'll be embarrassed because you tried your hand with the most exquisite being in the universe and ending up only being able to blurt out embarrassing secrets about your life. Try one now."

"I still suck my thumb."

"Splendid." Nik said with a chuckle. "Now this terrible affliction will continue for the next three days. Goodbye now!"

"I think Trixie from Barney and Friends is hot."

And like that, Greg walked away, leaving me in my husband's clutches. The minute we made eye contact, the two of us burst into laughter at his strange forms of torture.