Chapter 30: Sooner Or Later

~Odessa POV~

Odessa sat in a large SUV as a doctor gave her one of her daily shots. She had been taking them for as long as she could remember after she had been bitten to keep her alive. She always had to be protected as it inhibited her response times and on occasion she had been attacked whilst being administered. She suddenly felt the car come to a jarring halt and in front of her was Vincent, chanting a spell in the road. She heard the people in the car with her mumbling something until the car violently flipped over. Her guards and doctors were pulled out and all murdered by someone she could only just recognise as Elijah Mikaelson. She felt someone grabbing her and pulling her out of the wreckage and she managed to focus on them—Klaus.

"Welp. I knew this would happen sooner or later."

~Cami POV~

"How are you doing?" Cami sighed at the sound of Freya's voice as she sat on the balcony watching the French Quarter.

"Well, I never thought I would die at 25 from a failed vampire transition."

"Not many people do." Freya replied with a chuckle. "Camille, I am so sorry this is happening to you."

"Don't worry about it." She turned to her with a weak smile. "At least if I have to die, I'll be with people that care about me. And after my uncle died, I never thought that would happen. Thanks for caring enough to ask me. It's actually the nicest thing anyone's done for me today."

"Anytime." Freya told her. "Actually, I'm quite sympathetic to your plight. I was once denied the right to die with dignity. I grew to hate the one who took that choice away from me. So, if you have decided to die? So be it." She smiled and waved her hand and Cami felt the barrier lift.

"Okay, that's the nicest thing anyone's done for me today." Cami said in surprise.

"Yes well, as you prepare for what's to come, I would offer you another choice." She said looking at her intently. "You can starve alone, or you can choose to risk what remains of your life to help me."

~Marcel POV~

Marcel stood on the road with his fuming boss who remained nameless as she paced about on the road in anger when her phone rang.

"If you so much as touch a hair on her—"

"Fear not." Marcel heard Elijah say. "I'll do my best to restrain my brother but he can be quite savage when he wants to be."

"What do you want?" She growled.

"You'll meet us at Patrick's Dock, the warehouse. We exchange Odessa for Hayley and the Serraturra. Oh, Andromeda? I would make it snappy. Unless, of course, you want Niklaus to eviscerate that poor girl." The phone hung up and she raised her arms causing the surrounding forest around them to light up to Marcel's surprise.

"So that's your name then?" She paused and stalked up to him, clamping his face between her hands.

"You didn't hear my name."

"I didn't hear your name." He replied in a daze.

"Good." She said as she patted his face patronisingly. "Go retrieve the filthy cur. Double the dosage of wolfsbane. Make certain she suffers."

"Now hold up." Marcel said concerned. "Maybe we should think this through?"

"I already have." She said with a cold glare as she pulled out the medallion. "The Mikaelsons want to make a deal, so I'll give them exactly what they want. And, once I know Odessa is safe, I'll order the Strix to descend en masse. Before the night is over, we will seal them away for all time."