Chapter 54: A Recipe for Real Fun

"I said, LET ME IN!" Klaus persisted as Jace refused to let him in. He banged against the barrier, but knowing the two were safe as long as they remained behind it, Jace showed no sign of fear.

"Nuh-uh, do you have any idea how hard it is to keep this is a vampire free zone?" Jace retorted.

"Perhaps a compromise is in order." I said. "I'm someone you both can trust, so I'll go in and look, shall I?" Jace looked wary, but nonetheless he stepped aside for me to enter.

"Grand. Now go to the clearing and pick up one of those IDs." Klaus instructed. I went to the back and found what he was looking for.

"Crap on a stick." I muttered.

"Does it say what I think it does?"

"Kingmaker Land Development." I said with a look of fear. "Celena, your family didn't desert you. They were hunted down."

**********************************************************************************

Nik and I walked back to the car in silence and he brought up exactly what I thought he was going to bring up.

"You think I was too harsh to Hayley earlier, don't you?" He said with a sigh.

"Just a little unwarranted, is all." I told him truthfully. "And that's coming from me—the person who took it the hardest."

"But that's just the thing, isn't it? It was hard for me too." Nik said quietly. "Hayley killed my child with the help of Mikael and then blamed it on my wife. And I'm angry about that. I am furious. But I'm not allowed to be because Elliott is fine and Hayley is fine and now even you seem to be fine but I'm not. I'm angry that Hayley did that to me, to us, I'm angry that Elliott had to live under my roof as a guest and not as my family, as my son. And I'm angry that I had to hate myself because I didn't hate you for what I thought you did. I'm angry, Blossom! And I'm tired of pretending that I'm not." I stopped, only now understanding what Klaus had gone through because of what Hayley had done. I pulled him in for a hug and I could tell he was surprised but that he also needed it.

"I'm sorry, Nik." I told him and as he pulled away he swooped me in for a kiss.

"No, I'm sorry." He told me, resting his forehead against mine. "Fiore, I have given you a thousand and one reasons for you to abandon me but you never have. So thank you. For my sake, for our daughter's sake, even for my son's sake. I promise that from today on, I will never try and make decisions for you, or make you feel as though you are less than because you are anything but. I love you, Blossom."

I pulled him in for another kiss which was when I heard the sound of Elliott and Hayley's fake gag noises.

"Get a room, will you?" Elliott said as he got in the car.

"Elijah called. They found the white oak so we are homebound." Hayley said half-heartedly.

"At least one of us had good news to report." Nik told the two. "Get him on the line."

The four of climbed back onto the car where Nik and I got ready to report what we had discovered from our time with Jace and Celena.

"Fiore and I have discovered something all too unsettling." Nik continued. "Seems our friends at Kingmaker Land Development are still targeting wolves. What we don't know is why."

"This whole time, we've been so consumed with everything out there. This auction, this swarm of old enemies... what if it was just a distraction? Niklaus, I'm beginning to fear that the real threat has been in front of us all along." Elijah told us before hanging up the phone.

"Maybe this is the wrong time to say it." Elliott added. "But just once I wish we would end a call with goodbye and start it with how are you doing?"

~Freya POV~

Freya had just gotten to her car when she felt the presence of someone following her. She turned around ready to attack her unsuspecting stalker but instead breathed a sigh of liberation when she realised it was Vincent.

"Vincent, you scared me." She said with a relieved laugh. "What are you doing here?"

"Something very wrong." He clenched his hand into a fist and Freya was knocked out cold.

When she awoke she was bound and sitting in none other than Lara's penthouse apartment.

"Hello lovie." Lara said as she caressed Freya's hand with a smile and showed her the white oak bullet with the other. "A Mikaelson witch, a white oak bullet... Throw in a dash of wolf venom and a case of champagne, and I'd say we have a recipe for some real fun!"

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! If you did, please vote, comment and follow! I love you as always and see you next week when it all goes to hell! Until next time! X