Chapter 75: Finally Over

~Klaus POV~

Klaus looked around as all his sirelings called for his destruction. He sighed as Marcel walked up to him with Tunde's blade in hand.

"Justice...for Klaus Mikaelson...should be a fate worse than death. This blade is imbued with dark magic. It will cause unending agony. All the pain that we have felt at the hands of this man will pale in comparison to what he will soon feel for as long as I decide to let him live." Marcel said as he walked up to him. "For Davina, Diego, Thierry, Gia, Cami, and the boy I used to be. The one you once called your son."

With that Marcel drove the dagger into Klaus's chest. He cried out in pain but was still able to find peace in knowing that he had saved his family. It was over. It was finally over.

~Fiore POV~

"Freya, you shouldn't be here." Lara told her.

"No, I need to be." Freya said sickly. "I wanted to say goodbye. I'm about to die."

"What?" Lara asked as she rushed up to her with a pained expression. "You weren't supposed to."

"Well you can't plan every single thing without expecting some anomalies." She said in between coughing fits.

"Freya, know that I never wanted to hurt you." Lara said sadly. "You weren't supposed to get hurt. And I won't let you die. The only anomaly was my love for you. I never wanted you to get hurt. Never."

"If you don't want to hurt me then let this be the end." Freya told her as she pulled her towards her and kissed her. "Please."

"Freya—"

"You say everyone who ever loved you left you for a better alternative." Freya continued. "But I didn't. You left me for revenge. And you lied to me, time and time again. And still I continue to love you. So please let this be it. I love you."

~Hayley POV~

Hayley's phone began to ring and she pulled it out quickly hoping Rebekah only had good news to share.

"Is it over?" She asked her.

"Nik found a way to stay alive." Rebekah told her. "Our plan worked. Now it's up to you, Hayley. Make his sacrifice count."

"I will." Hayley assured her. "Hang tight, I'll be there soon."

She hung up the phone and Elliott had gathered the others around the table with a paper that had the names of the Mikaelson siblings on it.

"Mom, Rebekah's dagger. It's got her blood on it." Hayley momentarily gasped before quickly handing him the dagger. Elliott held hands with them all and began to chant, increasingly getting louder and louder until eventually Kol and Elijah slumped unto the table, leaving Elliott and Hayley alone with their lifeless bodies.

~Fiore POV~

Freya slumped over in Lara's hands and she began to sob over her body. I almost pitied her, but I knew this had to be done. After what she did to my family, there were no second chances for her.

"She's gone." I told her.

"No." She said, still sobbing. "She wasn't supposed to die. I failed her. I failed her."

"You didn't fail her." I told her. "Yet at least."

"You want me to give up." She said with a bitter chuckle. "No."

"Lara—"

"Don't you dare!" She shot back. "You think this is my fault? Freya is dead because of you! Because of choices you made. More than ever your family needs to be removed from the earth."