Chapter 4: Found Her

~Freya POV~

"No, no, no! You have to find her!" Jackson said when he rushed in with Elijah. He suddenly yelped in pain and Freya realised he was about to transform into a wolf again.

"Klaus, the chains!" Freya yelled at her brother who dragged Jackson into the courtyard and chained him up against the wall.

"Freya, you have to do the spell again!" Jackson begged, gritting his teeth in pain. "I can't go a month without—" In a strange fashion, his body returned to its normal state and he looked back at them all in matched confusion.

"What happened? Why aren't you a wolf?" Klaus asked bluntly.

"I don't know. It just stopped." Jackson told them in surprise.

"Grand! More unsolved mysteries!" Klaus said as he picked up his phone in a huff.

"What are you doing?" Freya asked.

"Solving a different one."

~Klaus POV~

"What the bloody hell are you doing leaving leftovers on my streets?" Klaus snapped at Lara once she picked up the phone.

"Care to explain yourself?"

"Ever since you showed up, two bodies have been found with some quite disturbing lacerations that—"

"That are very distinctively Lucien Castle's." She replied calmly.

"Lucien isn't here."

"Isn't he?" She scoffed in reply. "You have no shame. You Mikaelsons constantly accuse with very little factual evidence. Lucien's company ordered for the death of Hayley's wolves, your murder victims have Lucien's mark and somehow, it's me that did it? Quite rich coming from chief murderer himself."

"You listen to me, Lara. There is a delicate balance in this city and there are rules." He snapped.

"And people you care about, right? Like your therapist? And daughter? And one night stand? In other words, weaknesses that you can't afford."

"Speaking of weaknesses, there is a wolf chained to my wall who claims he took a chunk out of your arm. Come see me. I'll give you my blood in exchange for your word that the killings will stop." He said, trying to bargain with her.

"Nice try but poor wolfie missed the mark. You really think I wouldn't take precautions against wolves in this city?"

"Listen carefully, my city has enjoyed months of relative peace. If that peace is in any way disrupted, the next gruesome murder will be yours!"

"Now there's the Klaus I've been waiting for."

~Freya POV~

Freya stood awkwardly with the chained-up Jackson, ignoring Elliott's giggles from the balcony.

"Would you like some water or...?"

"What I would like is to be released." Jackson told her. "It's dawn, I haven't turned back yet. It doesn't make any sense. I need to find Hayley."

She gingerly walked up to him and put her hand on his chest, magically checking for the presence of the curse.

"I can still feel the curse in your blood. Something's restraining it, but you could transition at any moment."

"Just let me find Hayley!" He shot back when Hayley finally entered the compound.

Elliott looked down and pointed at her. "Hey Jackson. Found her."