Chapter 15: A Patient And A Friend

~Freya POV~

Freya lay on the sofa with a cup of Elijah's blood in her hand. She kept trying to sip it but every time she did, she was interrupted by her brother's rage.

"You know Klaus, I'm trying to heal from the wound I incurred from your wife but there's no point in my drinking because the minute I do, my head will explode from the headache I'll inevitably gain from you." Freya snapped as she drank finally.

"So this is her fault?" Klaus shot back angrily.

"Brother, your anger needn't be directed at Freya." Elijah told him. "She is not at fault here."

"No, you are. And so is she!" Klaus yelled at Elijah and Hayley. "You let her out! And with Grace! After you allowed her to believe that she killed my son!" Klaus snapped. "Now both my wife and my child are missing!"

"We're not going to get anywhere by fighting." Hayley told them. "What we need to do, is find them. Calmly."

~Fiore POV~

"Rey?" I was walking through the streets as I thought of the fanciest hotel I could go to when I heard Cami call out to me. "And is that my goddaughter? Hey there Gracie!"

"Oh Camille." I said with a waned smile. "Nice running into you."

"It doesn't seem like it." She said with concern. "Are you okay?"

"Actually no. I'm not okay." I confessed, feeling completely angered by the enormous secret that had been kept from me for so long.

"Do you want to talk about it?" The blonde asked me. "I'm pretty good at it."

"Well not to ask this of you again, but would you mind getting me and my child off the street?"

"Sure." She said with a chuckle.

We walked back to her home, with me filling her in on the worst few days of my life. When we arrived, she handed me a cup of tea and wrapped an arm around me comfortingly.

"Rey, I don't even know what to say." She told me. "What Hayley and Elijah did was a horrible act of betrayal and I'm sorry that happened to you."

"But?"

"But... are you sure it's best to just run away from the problem?" She asked me. "I'm not his biggest fan but Klaus is your husband who is dealing with the same thing as you. Don't you think you should talk about this with him?"

"I can't." I told her with a saddened look. "Because if I tell him what will make this all go away, it'll tear him apart. And I can't—I won't do that to him."

~Klaus POV~

"Any luck yet?" Klaus asked his sister as she performed a locator spell.

"Almost there." Freya replied as she concentrated on the spell.

"Come on, it can't be that hard." Klaus snapped grumpily.

"Klaus," Elliott said, putting his hand on his shoulder. "I want them back just as much as you do, but attacking Freya is only going to make it take longer." Klaus sighed and slumped down on one of the seats, knowing his son was right.

"And just like that! Found her!" Freya said, perking up. "She's at Camille's."

~Cami POV~

Cami watched over Fiore, who was now playing with Grace in front of the TV. She knew she should have tried harder to convince her to go back, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. She had been so upset when she had first found her, and now she was finally showing even small signs of peace. Her phone started to ring and she didn't even need to check the caller ID to know who it was. Klaus.