Chapter 53: It Ends Tonight

~Marcel POV~

Marcel, Josh and Vincent had finally tracked down the woman who had been employed to get the white oak bullet. She had tried to run but the three of them along with the Strix had cornered her in an alleyway.

"I do not get paid enough to die." Sofya said with a sigh as she held up her hands in surrender.

"Your employer got a name?" Marcel asked the frightened vampire. When she didn't answer Marcel shrugged and continued with his threats. "No worries, I'm sure we can jog your memory."

"You don't understand. If I give you his name, I'm as good as dead. And now that you've gotten in his way, so are you."

"I don't know about you guys, but I only have one nameless enemy." Marcel muttered.

"Isn't she—well a lady?" Josh asked.

"Her name doesn't hold the same power it used to." Marcel suggested. "I'm guessing this is her way of staying as hidden as possible."

"You don't really think Andromeda's back, do you?" Vincent asked Marcel.

"Wouldn't be the first time that crazy bitch got out."

~Fiore POV~

"So Celena, this brother of yours, tell me about him." I said as she led me to his apartment building.

"His name is Jace. He's 27. A real estate agent. And he hates me." She said with a shrug.

"How do you know he hates you?" I asked her. "Because I highly doubt he does."

"I just know he does." She replied. "And I'm only telling you all of this because you gave me a lot of money so the least I can do is prove you wrong." She stopped in front of a door and I knew where we were immediately.

"I'm guessing this is it." I asked her.

"Yeah."

"Well don't worry." I said, squeezing her shoulder. "But on the bright side, if you're right, you at least got to prove me wrong."

She knocked on the door and out popped a tall man with brown hair and the same bright green eyes as Celena.

"Celena, what are you doing here?" He asked in surprise.

"Nothing, I just knocked on the wrong door, whoops." She tried to back away but I pushed her right back.

"Celena's actually got something important to say." She took a deep breath and turned back to face her brother.

"Jace, I'm homeless." She blurted out.

"What?"

"Mom and dad left me, I can't afford my house, I have to work three jobs, I sing on the street but I don't even know why I'm telling you this because—" Jace pulled Celena into a hug and she began to sob into his shoulder.

"Hey, hey, you're my sister and I love you, kiddo. We'll get out of this together." He told her.

"I suppose my work here is done." I gave the two a quick wave.

"Wait!" Jace stopped me and gestured into his home. "I feel like I owe you something. Why don't you—Just step into my house."

"What's your last name?" I asked him.

"Arche. Why?"

"And you and your sister, you share a father, right?" I continued picking up on something.

"Did she tell you that or—"

"Jace is the Native American name for moon, Celena means the moon in Greek, Arche is the name of a moon orbiting Jupiter and I don't know why I didn't pick up on it before but—you're werewolves, aren't you?" I asked him.