Chapter 59: No Time for Pep Talks

"Freya, invite her in!" I yelled as I ran into the compound with Cami and explained what had happened to Klaus.

"Yes, yes come in!" Freya said in a panic.

"Lara, she ambushed him. Knocked him about like he was nothing." I told them all, pacing about in a fret.

"Did she bite him?" Freya asked me.

"No, she wanted him alive. She wants Elijah and she plans on using Klaus to get him." I continued.

"We followed them. Lara took her back to her penthouse." Cami added when Elijah's phone buzzed.

"Lara is demanding my presence at the Whiskey Cask—alone and immediately. She says if I delay, Niklaus will die."

~Klaus POV~

Klaus awoke in Lara's penthouse, his body shackled to a piece of wood as Lara and Andromeda stared at him in a demeaning manner, further solidifying the hybrid's aversion to chains.

"That does look uncomfortable. Too tight?" Lara asked him mockingly.

"I'm quite sure Klaus is fine." Andromeda said, glaring as he tried to free himself from his restraints.

"Those chains and that wood were crafted by Ancient Egyptians keen on suppressing all sorts of evil. Nothing supernatural can escape—not even you. You see, I've been stockpiling such items for a long, long time. Planning this moment for centuries. Tell me—how does it feel, knowing you've been outdone by your better?" Lara asked him.

"If you really think you're my better then you're more delusional than I thought you were." Klaus said with a scoff. "But then again so is dear old Andromeda so at least you're both truly a pair. Shall I scatter your ashes in the same pile of bog too?"

"I detect fear, Niklaus." Lara said with a chuckle. "Honestly, for the Big Bad Klaus Mikaelson, I thought you'd be more convincing."

"He's just beaten, my lovely. I have to break him. But then again, this is only the beginning. I take that serum and then I will also be your better, Klaus Mikaelson. The torment you put me through is only a fraction of the torment I will inflict on you." Andromeda sneered. "And I will take such joy in killing you myself."

"I, on the other hand, have other business now, so you'll have to excuse me." Lara said before turning to Andromeda sternly. "But you are under no circumstances to kill Klaus. And that is not a request, it is an order."

~Hayley POV~

"Elijah, you can't seriously be going out there?" Hayley asked him incredulously.

"I actually can seriously be going out there." He told her with a sigh.

"What was the point of Freya signing the deed if you were just going to leave our impenetrable compound and pick a fight with a lady who wants you dead?" Hayley asked him, still worried for his safety.

"I suppose it is quite reckless." Elijah said in agreement before turning to leave again.

"Elijah?" He stopped to face her and she looked back at him with grave concern. "Just be careful."

~Klaus POV~

"Tell me, when you bricked me up in that awfully claustrophobic tomb, did you ever think that the roles would be reversed?" Andromeda asked Klaus.

"Yes Andromeda, when I bricked you up, this is exactly what I was anticipating. From start to finish, I had even predicted your fabricated relationship with Lara." Klaus replied, rolling his eyes. "Tell me, do you really think you could ever love that psycho? Last I heard you were deeply in love with Odessa and had been for a very long time."