Chapter 66: A Thousand Things I Forgot To Say

I had made my way to the car, and was about to get in only for Hayley to appear out of nowhere and try to stop me.

"Hayley, go away." I growled.

"Look, Klaus, we both know how this is going to go down. You're going to tell me that I can't come, and then I'm going to tell you that I love Rebekah, too. Then you're going to say, I'm going to slow you down, and I'm going to remind you that you're the one who cursed me to be a werewolf for six months, and therefore, I know every inch of the bayou. Now, unless you want to be delayed by an angry werewolf grandma with a shotgun, you should just admit that you need me." Hayley smirked and I sighed because I knew, like it or not, she was right.

"I'll drive."

We drove in silence as I shut down every attempt of Hayley's to try and converse with me and we eventually made it to the Bayou where they walked around in search of Rebekah's body.

"Klaus, I know you're angry."

"I don't need advice on healthy mourning from the girl who kept her husband's rotting heart in a box, thank you very much." I shot back angrily.

"Look I get it. You think if you go into cruel bastard mode then maybe losing Fiore won't hurt as much." She told me but that was irritating enough.

"You want to commiserate with me, Hayley, but our experiences of grief are not the same." I snapped. "Your husband is dead. It hurts, but we both know the person you share a true connection with is still breathing. So you and I are not the same."

~Freya POV~

Freya had forced herself to sleep that day, knowing that Lara would have to meet her in her dream. She woke up in an apartment overlooking the skyline of Dubai. A breath-taking view and yet, the witch could not appreciate it.

"You know I've never been to Dubai. Always wanted to go. But I said I would wait until I had someone special to go with. I guess that person is you." Lara turned back to face her with a smile but Freya was having none of it. "It's been a few days. You're angry."

"Cami is dead. Finn is dead. Fiore is dead. How could I not be angry?" Freya screeched.

"I warned you from the get-go." Lara said with a sigh.

"And I don't care!" Freya shrieked. "My niece is being forced to grow up without a mother and that is on you!"

"Fiore's death was not my doing." Lara explained. "Finn was me; Cami was me but Fiore was not. Same with Davina."

"Well, we're gonna save her. We couldn't save Finn or Cami or Fiore but Davina we will save." Freya snarled. "And then I'm coming for you."

"Good luck with that." Lara sped up to her and gave her a long kiss and Freya couldn't help but melt into the kiss.

"Lara, stop this. Stop this so that we don't have to do this in secret anymore." Freya pleaded.

"Freya, what I'm about to say, know that I've only ever said it and meant it once before." Lara took a deep breath before looking directly into her eyes. "I love you, Freya Mikaelson. With all my heart, I do. And know that if I could stop all this, I would in a heartbeat, for you. But I don't have a choice in this matter. Not anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I'm not only the Ancestors' champion—I'm also their bitch." Lara told her with a sad sigh. "This ends one of two ways, I fulfil the prophecy or I die. And as long as they're around, I'm not dying anytime soon."

Freya and Lara stood together in silence for a moment as Freya contemplated what to do with her situation.

"I should leave. My brothers will need me. We just got Davina back and apparently your bosses tried to shred her soul." Freya said with a bitter chuckle.