Chapter 55: The Same Treacherous Bitch

~Freya POV~

"After all that flirting this is your idea of a first date?" Freya said grumpily as Lara led her through a forest.

"I know, how awful! But you can treat it like a date with destiny, lovie." Lara replied with a smile. "If only Vincent weren't here, then we could really have fun. However, someone needs to keep you in check."

"I'm not here by choice." Vincent sneered. "The ancestors must have lost their damn minds."

"You think?" Lara questioned with an amused smile. "Funny, because I've never dealt with a saner bunch. See, when I arrived in New Orleans, I made them a deal. Upon my request, they would grant me access to the Regent and, in exchange, I'd provide for them a world without the Originals. Quite easy, considering how much they despise the family. Ah, here we are."

"Which is where exactly?" Vincent asked making Lara look at the two of them with disappointment.

"Two powerful witches that can't sense hallowed ground? Thank goodness you channel the magic of the ancestors Vinnie and that dear old Freya is gorgeous because it's not your knowledge that's keeping you around." The two of them made defeated eye contact as they realised what Lara was talking about. "Welcome to Mystic Falls, the place where my hatred learned to blossom. Where Esther Mikaelson created the vampire species under the shade of the infamous white oak tree. A spell that I intend to replicate."

"You want to become an Original?" Vincent asked her.

"Do I really look like the cheap knockoff type to you?" Lara scoffed. "I am to be an upgrade, lovie."

"You are insane to think I'd ever help you craft any spell." Freya snarled.

"Good thing I don't want you to." Lara said with a giggle. "The honour of that goes to Vincent. I need something a tad bit more intimate from you."

"And what might that be?" Freya said with sheer displeasure. Lara smirked and walked behind Freya, moving her hair to the left side.

"It's a shame, you really are beautiful, Freya Mikaelson." Lara lay a small kiss on Freya's neck making the witch cringe from her touch. "Although, I never really did take a liking to blondes. Far too crazy." Lara sank her teeth into Freya's neck biting viciously making the Mikaelson sister cry out in pain.

~Fiore POV~

"What is it?" I asked Klaus as he got off the phone with a look of horror.

"Lara has decided to show her true colours and has taken Freya." He told us.

"On a date?" Elliott joked with a chuckle, making the three of us laugh only for Klaus to look back at us sternly.

"Right. Serious matter. Sorry." Hayley said, standing back upright.

"Well her rescue is dependent on none other than Finn to track down Vincent." He replied.

"Please tell me Finn likes us now." I said with a sigh. "So who goes back to New Orleans?"

"You guys should go." She said with an understanding nod. "I'm sticking with Kingmaker, though. Lara's working very hard to cover up these wolf kidnappings, and I want to know why."

"No, I'll stay too." Klaus added. "This is Lucien's company as Lara so thoroughly reminded me and I still don't understand what Lara has to do with him."

"And me also." I piped up. "The wolves, Freya's abduction... it can't all be coincidence. We'll let the big brothers pursue the obvious path and we pursue this one. I'm willing to bet all roads lead to the same treacherous bitch."