Chapter 24: Sodding Soddish Sods

~Odessa POV~

Odessa sat in her binding circle watching in amusement as Freya began to cast a spell but she knew it was too late. If the Strix was involved, then she was already free. She listened in as Elijah and Marcel bickered abut loyalty and betrayal and smirked as her rescuers came for her.

"Took you long enough." Odessa said smugly.

Freya cast a pain infliction spell on one woman but before she could react another came in and stabbed her in the stomach.

"Huh. Your sister put up more of a fight." The lady turned to Odessa and grinned at her, the knife still dripping with Freya's blood.

"You are going to heal her right?" Odessa asked in alarm.

"Yes, and then I'm going to take her out for dinner." The woman replied sarcastically.

"You can't let her die!" Odessa panicked. "That was never the plan!"

"You don't make the plans. And I don't answer to you, I answer to her. And my instructions were kill on sight."

"You need to get her out of here." Marcel said as he entered the room worriedly.

"I really hope you aren't giving me orders, you worthless punch bag." The woman scolded.

"Elijah's cavalry just got here and they are ready to kill. Get out." The lady led Odessa away but the doppelganger sighed in relief as Marcel fed Freya his blood and saved her.

~Klaus POV~

Klaus had dragged Fiore's captor out of the church and into the parking lot. He slammed her against the wall and punched her in the face but instead of retaliating she looked on at him in amusement.

"You really are angry, aren't you?" She said as she wiped the blood off her mouth.

"If you don't behave, I'll get worse." He sneered.

"Don't try that stupid tone with me." She shot back. "I knew you cared about her. And I was going to let her go after Odessa was returned to me but now you've made me mad. And I'll have to kill her." Klaus grabbed her and slammed her against the ground again and she laughed in surprise of his attack.

"Sorry Klaus, but if you like it rough, you should've tried it out with Fiore when you had the chance." She said with a smirk as she pushed him off of her.

"You presume to know me? Then know this—I will gladly end you for what you did to Fiore. But first, I'm gonna make you suffer in ways your twisted little mind cannot possibly imagine. And when it's over, you will associate my name with fear and pain, and perhaps the dull realisation that you are nothing." She gasped in shock and seemed genuinely threatened for the first time. Klaus clamped her head between his hands and delved into her mind, discovering the latitude coordinates on the card of her envelope.

"You went into my mind."

"I did, Andromeda." Klaus said, smirking at her. "And I took the only thing I needed from you. So, what's to stop me from killing you now?"

"How about the love of your life about to get brutally murdered?" Klaus picked up the sound of Fiore's cries and Andromeda took the opportunity flee from the scene.

Klaus dashed into the church where Fiore was laying crushed by a vampire attacker of hers. She desperately tried to push him off her as another pursuer came for her.

"Get off me!" She yelled as she feebly pushed against him with her shackled hands.

Klaus grabbed the man and broke his back before chucking him on the floor and picking the dead body off of her. She choked and grasped for her breath before sitting up and starting to tremble with fear. Klaus held out his hand to her and she took it and stood up. She pressed her shackled hands against his chest and Klaus wrapped his hands tightly around her waist. She began to slump and Klaus picked her up in his arms and carried her home—where she belonged.