Chapter 63: When I'm Sappy

"How did you do that?" Nik asked me in confusion. "It's not that amulet that kills you, is it?"

"No." I told him, before pulling him aside. "It's Lucien. I can feel him."

"You can what-now?" He asked me in anger.

"It's like he's fuelling me." I continued. "Not even just him, these other people, I don't know who they are. Or what their connection is. But they're giving me power."

"I don't trust it." Nik told me.

"And I don't care!" I shot back at him. "I can't be powerless right now! I need—I need for something to go right. And if Lucien Castle wants to do that, then I don't care."

"It's not safe for you to use your powers so excessively." He insisted. "Your anger is formidable."

"So am I." I replied with a callous shrug. "I'm doing this."

"Even if it quite literally kills you?"

"Even if it quite literally kills me."

~Elijah POV~

Elijah and Hayley stopped the car nearby Mary's cabin before Hayley stopped Elijah from going on any further.

"Mary doesn't want vampires near her cabin." She explained.

"She is aware that both you and Grace are under my protection? She is also aware that Grace is—"

"Not hers? She knows." Hayley snapped. "She knows all of that Elijah. But she also knows that it didn't do anything for her grandson. And I know you couldn't have stopped it but look at us Elijah! We're right back here. With another person's life on the line. And Fiore is so distraught that she has to take her two-year-old daughter into a warzone because of the slightest chance that it might save her friend from dying! And I don't even know how I managed to—when did our lives become so insane?"

"What do you want me to do?" Elijah asked her. He felt awful for her but he also felt helpless.

"I don't know; I just can't keep losing people. First Jack, now we might lose Cami, who's next? Fiore? Klaus? Me? You?" Hayley said with a deep sigh. But the words she spoke allowed Elijah to understand exactly what he needed to say.

"Hayley, I am not afraid to die. And neither are you because when we fight—it is for those we love."

~Cami POV~

Cami sat at a corner café along with Klaus. Fiore had taken the liberty to place the two under an illusion in her mind. The only way it could have been better was if Fiore was there to share it with her.

"A perfect day at a corner café. She really outdid herself." Cami murmured with a sad smile.

"If only it were real." Klaus said with a sigh before giving her a pointed look. "And with Fiore."

"She promised me this one day." She said with a sad laugh. "I know it's stupid but I kinda always thought it would happen anyway. In her defence, she did say it wouldn't."

"Camille, I—"

"You don't have to say anything Klaus." She said, shaking her head quickly.

"But I do. I know Fiore wants to be here more than anything but she's scared. However, if worst comes to worst—which it won't—she will be here." Klaus leaned back in his chair and gave Cami a quick smile before looking around the world. "So for now, this will do to pass the time whilst we wait for your cure to take effect. And then tomorrow when you've recovered we can travel anywhere you like. Perhaps we'll go to Santorini for some vinsato, or to Rome for the perfect expresso."