Chapter 49: A Placeholder's Promise

~Klaus POV~

Klaus continued to brick Andromeda's body up in one of the tombs in the Layfette Cemetery when Andromeda opened her eyes in shock before rolling them at him.

"Welcome back to real life." Andromeda charged for him but was thrown back by an invisible barrier. "Courtesy of my sister."

"What are you even doing Klaus?" Andromeda growled.

"You made me realise what a monster I've been." He told her soberly. "I'm sorry I didn't do this sooner."

"So you're just going to leave me here?" Andromeda asked, beginning to panic. "No Klaus please, just not this. Anything else. I can't be trapped. I can't!"

"We had the right idea when we trapped you in that cargo container." Klaus told her. "You belong behind walls."

"Then kill me instead! Please." She begged.

"I think not." Klaus retorted. "I wouldn't grant you the mercy. Odessa was a good person more often than not, a much better person than myself, so she does receive that mercy. But while the worms eat you, just know that it was I who took everything away from you."

Klaus walked out and found himself face to face with the youngest Salvatore brother. He sighed, not sure how Stefan was going to react to his newfound freedom.

"The spell worked, we survived, I saved you, you saved me. I'd be more than happy to let this be the end." Stefan told him.

"Am I too optimistic in thinking we'll never see each other again?" Klaus asked, causing Stefan to let out a wry chuckle.

"You know, there's someone else you need to thank."

"Hayley?"

"No, I mean, well, yeah. But I'm talking about Fiore. She still cares about you—enough to risk her own life." Klaus looked down at the ground, knowing what he said was true. "Take your own advice. Do right by her."

Klaus let a shaky breath slip as he thought about not only what Stefan was saying but as well as what Hayley had said to him earlier.

"You okay?" Stefan asked him.

"Never better. Take care of yourself, old friend." The two shook hands and Stefan went on his way, leaving the Original alone with his recently appeared sister. "How is Fiore?"

"One issue at a time." Freya said worriedly. "How are you doing?" Klaus stumbled and leaned on one of the tombs for support.

"What's wrong with me?" He asked his sister.

"You haemorrhaged an enormous amount of mystical energy. Enough to create a nexus vorti. It's nothing a good night's rest won't cure." Freya replied with an affectionate smile.

"But where did all that energy go?"

~Davina POV~

Davina had returned to her attic and closed all the doors and windows. She grabbed the silver urn that meant the most to her and put it in her magic bound circle. She poured the blood of both Elijah and Klaus into the urn and began to cast the spell that would make everything better. A strong gust of wind blew through the attic until finally, he appeared. Covered in ash, he knelt on one knee before her. She gaped in shock, still surprised that this was her reality, whilst he smiled widely at her.

"I never doubted you for even a second, Davina Claire."

~Fiore POV~

I went into Hayley's room where she was lying flat on her bed, looking at a picture of her and Jackson on their wedding day.

"You know, that isn't going to make you feel any better." I told her, causing her to glance at me momentarily.