Chapter 59

Ellas POV:

The car ride to the hospital is sat in silence. Harry drives through the busy streets of London with a slight frown on his face, staring worryingly ahead as we near closer to our destination. I reach across and take his hand that's sitting very tensely on his lap and put it on mine which seems to make him relax a little. I entwine my fingers with his, giving him a reassuring squeeze and he finally looks at me. He attempts to give me a small smile though it doesn't reach his eyes that are full of panic and concern.

We finally arrive at the hospital and park a fear way from the front entrance even though there are more than plenty of car spaces. I'm guessing it's so Harry can buy some time to get his thoughts together.

"You okay?" I ask, just as he locks the car and walks towards me.

He lets out a huge sigh before taking my hand in his and giving the back of my hand a small kiss, "I'm just glad your here. Thanks for coming with me"

I give him a small smile before wrapping my other arm around the arm I am already attached too. I want him to know I will be here for him no matter what, but I can see that the nearer we get to the doors, the more he is tuning out from me. Once we reach the reception Harry gives his name to the young red head women to which she then gives us directions to Mr. Styles room.

We walk down a long, dull, white and green walled hall that is over lit by the bright lights over head. Every room we pass I see a different situation playing out. The lonely. The celebratory families. The confused parents. The silent prayers. The angry patient. The old lost man. The tearful. And the happy.

That's what I'm hoping our room will look like from a passing outsider. A happy and celebratory room that is grateful with the news they've received. The key word there being hope. Though, from what the doctor has already told me, it doesn't sound so good. Harry doesn't look to any of the rooms or nurses and doctors that pass by, instead he just keeps his head hung low, his eyes set straight and his hand firmly gripped around mine.

We finally reach the door. Number 39A. Harry pushes down the metal handle, slowly opening the door to reveal a large room that is obviously one of the nicest in the entire area though I would expect nothing less of Mr. Styles. He will forever be a classy man. I hesitantly follow behind Harry even though he still holds my hand tightly in his. Past the cream curtain, we finally see Mr Styles and I can't help the huge smile that appears across my face. Even though he has a drip in his arm, and small tubes entering his nose that curve around his cheeks and rest on his ears, he actually looks very...normal. He's sitting up right in bed watching tv with a warm tea in his hand and when he sees us, his smile couldn't be brighter.

"Ella, Harry. I'm so glad you came" he smiles at the two of us, and it takes every part of me not to run over and give him a big hug.

I probably shouldn't as one: I don't know how fragile he is right now. And two: By the feel of Harry's hot grip on my hand, I don't think he want's me anywhere else except right next to him.

"Hello Mr Styles" I say, giving Harry a discrete nudge as he stands frozen in front of his own father.

I can only imagine what is going through his mind right now. This is the man Harry has looked up to and adored his entire life, and yet here he is, in a hospital bed with machines and needles prodding him as he sits.

"Hey dad" Harry mumbles and attempts to give another genuine smile though I can see the pain it is causing him to see his dad like this.

"Come. Sit down, please" Mr Styles gestures to a couple of green chairs on the other side of his bed.

Both Harry and I let go of each other as the seats are separated though I'm surprised when Harry picks up the chair and places right next to mine. I roll my eyes jokingly at Mr Styles and he lets out a quiet chuckle that goes un noticed by Harry.