Chapter 81

Sorry for the late one guys.... Honestly will update faster after this! xx And.. to those who were in-boxing me abusive messages, STAHP. I've been waiting a looong time for this one particular fanfic to update (NOT GOING TO NAME NAMES) but it hasn't in like over a month so...SWERVE.

Love you.x

Ellas POV:

When I wake I feel cold, having no blankets wrapped around me and on the very edge of the bed. I slowly open my eyes, light snores coming from beside me and I shift slightly to reach behind me to get some blankets only to be left empty handed.

I feel around a bit more to find an arm resting on the mattress not far from me. He stirs a little when I make contact with him and I mumble a small apology as I turn over and try to steal some of the duvet from him. He wakes a little more, his blue eyes looking into mine momentarily before a small smile appears on his face.

"What are you doing?" he asks with a little amusement, unmoved from his position as he lays comfortably on his back, his toned torso on full display whilst the blanket I so desperately need is wrapped and tangled around his legs and waist.

"You stole all of the blanket" I laugh tiredly as I try to tug on it a little harder though it doesn't budge.

"Whoops, sorry" he half laughs, lifting up the corner of the blanket for me to go under.

"Thank you" I say, rolling my eyes jokingly as I am finally covered in warmth.

Jackson turns on his side to face me, gently wrapping his arm around my waist before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Sorry" he says with a smile before nestling into the side of my neck, his lips and nose just brushing the skin there ever so lightly.

"You're like a girl hogging the blankets like that" I joke as I pull them a little higher so they're covering my shoulders.

"I know. You told me that the other night" he says and I can feel his lips pull into a smile against my neck.

"And you still didn't learn your lesson" I say sarcastically before closing my eyes once more to try and get some more sleep though they're back open in seconds as Jackson quickly wraps his leg around me before pushing himself up onto his elbows.

"Maybe you can teach me a lesson sometime soon" he smiles down at me with amusement and I nervously smile back up at him.

"I'm kidding..... sort of" he slightly shrugs with a smile before giving me a light kiss on the lips.

When he pulls back, I drape my arms over his muscular shoulders, lightly grazing my finger tips along his back. He is so gentle and kind with me, always making me laugh and surprising me with things I would never expect, complimenting me and making sure I'm okay if we are out together at some place where I don't know anyone. He looks after me but respects me enough to let me do things on my own of course. He's everything a girl should want, he's the type of guy your mum would be thrilled for you to bring home, the type your dad would spend hours talking to about sports or fishing though of course I can see the appeal too. He's very attractive, funny, smart, a few months off becoming a fully registered and qualified doctor and always treats me like the most precious thing in the world.

But, I can't help but feel there is something missing. We've been together for most of this week, and you would think by now I would have figured it out but I just can't quite put my finger on it and I know it's what's holding me back from him.

"About last night, I'm sorry I-"

"It's fine Ella" Jackson interrupts me, sincerity clear through his voice as I look apologetically back up at him.