Chapter 1

Rae

I walk in last period gym it's the first day and everyone has been talking about this hot new teacher. So I look for her as I walk in and I see her talking to some people I dont know so instead of going up to her and introducing myself I sit down with my friends. As I sit down we start joking and laughing but I am looking at the new teacher.

Next thing I know she is look at me and the people around her are laughing and I can tell they are talking about me and so I frown, I hate when people talk about me, then we make eye contact and her face turns stern she cuts them off walking away and into the front of the class and yells "Alright, listen up!" We all look over "Everyone please take a seat." She request and I decide to mouth off, so I raise my hand. She raises her eyebrow at me a nods "What if we are already sitting?" I ask.

The whole class now seated bursts out laughing and she looks at me unamuzed. "Ok, so my name is Miss Lovato-" "So your single?" Some cuts her off. That's my job I think to myself and glare at the girl then look at Miss Lovato and she is already looking at me frowning. "It wasn't me ma'am!" I say fustrated I need her to believe me, I don't know why but I do.

"Like I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted" she says looking suggestively at me even though it wasn't me. "I am Miss Lovato and I am the replacement for you last coach who quit under unknown circumstances last minute before school started." She says giving me the look everyone gives me when they know it was my fault, which it was.

The man had worked here for ten years before he had me in his class, because I didn't take gym Freshman and Sophomore year, then he left.  I know I am a trouble maker but it has gotten me through a lot like bullying, my parents death and give me an outlet for my energy. I guess I should also mention it helped people accept me when I came out.

"In my class I will be treated with respect." She said sternly and looked straight at me and I shrunk back and frowned again. I am tired of her thinking she knows me, I know she has probably heard a lot about me but she doesn't know me, not really anyway. "I will not be pushed out this is my class and I will not be made a fool of. You will listen to me." She says still looking at me. "Whatever you say" I say sarcastically and look away not caring what she has to say anymore causing a couple people around me to giggle. She just keeps talking and I start to get bored and restless so I start to fidget. After five minutes of trying to sit still I just stand up and walk away as she is talking.

"Rae! Rae! Came back here!" She says sternly and it takes everything in me not to turn around and walk back. I don't know why but I am compelled to listen to her, but I don't I walk out of the gym and to the front of the school. Once in front of the school I sit down and decide to wait for the bell to ring so I can go home.

After about five minutes I hear foot steps behind me and I look up to see Miss Lovato. I glare at her then turn back around and look into the road watching the cars. We just sit there for a few minutes in a comfortable silence til I decide to speak "I am sorry" I say sencerly and look at her.

"I know, " She starts while looking at me "but why did you do that?" She finishes. I just shrug and look away ashamed. I don't know why I do these things I just do it's easier than dealing with it. She puts her arm around my shoulder and pulls me into her side and I tense for a moment then relax into her. "It's okay, but you can't just walk out again." I nod.

Then bell rings and I pull away quickly as student come out the front door and quickly stand. She does the same and as she stands in front of me we stare each other in the eye. As we stand there it's like the whole world disappears and it is just us, Miss Lovato and me. Suddenly there is a honking and I look over to see my big brother James smiling at me.

"I gotta go, Miss Lovato. See you tomorrow." I smile at her and she smiles and nods and I hop in the car still looking at her.

God she is beautiful I think to myself then look over to my brother to smile and he smiles. "What happened? Why was your teacher, I am assuming outside with you?" He asks and I just shake my head and mumble "Longstory"