Chapter 53

Rae's POV

"Please, Demi?!?" I whine as she tries to coax me out of bed to get ready for school.

"Babe, you can't just skip school because you nervous about tonight." She says.

I just lay in my bed looking up at her. Why my room instead of her apartment? Well she went to her family's house for dinner but I had an essay to write and turn in. I didn't wanna be alone in the apartment because I had never been there with out her and with all the stress this week I didn't think I could handle it.

Today, or I guess, tonight my service dog is coming with the trainer so we can meet  and see how it goes. I guess, I am just nervous things won't work out.

"Yes, I can. I can hide in my room all day because you can't make me do anything." I say sassily stick my tongue out.

Her face turns serious squatting down eye level with me. She grabs my face making me look her in the eye.

"You will get out of this bed and get yourself ready for school, then we will get in that car and go to school. You will go to class and do you school work then we will come back here. Everything will be fine tonight, you are working yourself up for no reason. I understand it all nee to you but everything will be fine. If it doesn't work out with this dog, we will just go back to how it's been. Do you understand me?" She finishes.

"Yes, ma'am." I groan but I don't even act as if I am gonna get up.

"Now, or there will be consequences." She says standing up and look down at me.

I giggle knowing she has said that many times but nothing ever happens.

"Ok, Demi." I say rolling away from her.

"Damn it, Rae, this really isn't how I wanted to spend this morning." She says as I feel and hand grab my arm pulling me across the bed making me look at her in surprise. "One more chance, get out of this bed or you will have problems."

"I am good. I am not going." I declare.

"Yes, you are." She says sternly lift me off the bed standing me up in front if her but I just let my body go limp. "Stand up, properly." She says and I feel a pop of a hand on my a** making me squeal in surprise quickly stand up straight.

"Now, get you butt ready for school and meet me at the front door in ten minutes so we aren't late." She says walking away.

I groan but stop when she looks back with a stern look. I quickly walk to my closet and I see one of the many shirts she left her but this one was my favorite. I quickly pull it out putting it on then putting on a pair of jeans before throwing on shoes. I walk to the bathroom bushing my hair and teeth before throwing my hair up in a bun.

I walk back to my room throwing my school stuff, I left all over the room last night, into my bag before walking into living room. I see Demi leaning against the arm of the couch talking to James who is standing in the door way of the kitchen.

"She is going?" He asks surprised.

"You bet your ass she is. She isn't going to avoid everything just because she is scared. She has support from us all the time and she needs to be pushed to do things she doesn't want to. She is nervous about tonight and she is trying to shut down, if that happens she gets no where." She says and I stand there listening where they can't see me. "She has been allowed to do whatever she want for to long. She can't skip out if things because she is scared, she can't be rude and mean to people even if she has an excuse, and she needs to know someone in her life isn't going to let her." With that I walk out and over to her suddenly feeling bad for treating her the way I treated her.