Chapter 56

Rae's POV 

"Hey, Elle, is coming over today." I tell Demi as I sit with her at lunch in her office on Monday morning with sarge laying on the couch relaxing, as he has been in class with me all day. 

Demi called this morning and I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. The rest of the weekend consisted of her being right by me all day and making sure I ate. I mean, it was like she was scared I purposely didn't eat. James came in yesterday afternoon and gave me a lecture like he always has about how I have to eat. Then he hugged me for about five minute like he was scared if he let go I would disappear, because like I said nothing like that has happened before.

"How come?" She asked breaking me out of my thought's.

"We have a project to work on and her mom isn't gonna be able to take her home anyway, so I said we would take her to the apartment and then if you want I can take her home." I tell her as I finish eating throwing away the lunch she had brought for me. 

"No, it's fine we can take her home, because I wanna go to my apartment tonight we haven't been there in a week." She says. 

"We could take her to your apartment, and she can stay and have dinner with us. Then I can take her home so you can do your work." I say leaning back in my seat waiting for her answer.

"Yeah, that works, she would be okay with that, right?" She questions and I automatically nod.

With that the bell rings and I reluctantly pick up my bag and Sarges leash head off to class.

_____________

"Okay, everyone get ready to go!" Demi yells as we finish running around the track since we had just done the mile.

"Miss. Lovato?" A kid asks just as we were about to leave making us all stop.

"What is the final for this class?" He asks making the whole class grown.

"Well, I am not sure yet but I will figure it out and let you know tomorrow." She informs the whole class making everyone grown because that mean it's gonna be an actual activity.

"Now, go." She says and everyone walks towards the building to get ready to leave.

Elle walks over to me and smiles slightly as we walk to the school.

"So, is Miss. Lovato okay with me riding with y'all?" She asks as we get to the door.

"Yeah, but we are going to her place," I tell her. "she's got work to do."

She nods and we got our bags to pick them up. 

"What work does she have? I mean she is a high PE teacher." She says waiting for me to finish packing me bag.

"She has work, I don't know what work, we don't talk about it because it relates to school." I tell her motioning that I was ready to go.

We walk to Demi's office and see her yawning and leaning back in the chair. Sarge lays on the couch still asleep where I left him before class so he didn't get hurt with all the students running around. She hasn't been sleeping since Saturday because se is scared something might happen to me while she is asleep. I try to make her sleep but she won't she is gonna kill herself staying awake to watch me.

"Miss. Lovato, are you tired?" Elle asks laughing. 

"Yeah, Elle, I am very tired." She says seriously not enjoying being laughed at.

"Why don't I drive?" I ask as I drove this morning so she could sleep on the way here.

"Yeah, I think that is a good idea, and I think I am gonna take a short nap while you two work on your project." She informs us as she stands up stretching. 

"Okay, but not to long because you NEED to sleep tonight." I say putting emphasis on need.  

"Okay, let's go." She says kind of ignoring me like she has been since everything happened making me roll my eyes. 

We all walk out to the car, I take the keys from Demi throwing my bag in the trunk and putting Sarge in the back seat. Demi get's in the passenger seat and Elle gets in the back. I turn on the car and everyone stays quiet for the first few minute when Demi goes to grab my hand and I pull it away. I glance in the rear view mirror and see Elle on her phone with air pods in and petting Sarge's head. 

"Don't touch me." I say quietly so only she hears it. 

"Why the fuck not?" She asks irritated making me more upset because if anyone has a right to be upset it is me. 

"You know what Demi?" I ask starting to get louder but not caring at this point. "I understand you are worried about me but if you get sick or hurt yourself because you haven't been sleeping then who is going to take care of me?!" I yell at this point while I am driving. "Who's gonna worry about me then because guess what? James loves me and supports me but he is never around to know what is really going on!" She just looks at me shocked and glance at Elle again to see you looking at both of us in shock, but I couldn't care less at this point. "Who the fuck do you think you are to treat me like shit and then expect me to not care. If I so much as get moody and tell you to leave me alone I am a horrible person but you can completely treat me like shit and make me feel like it's my fault and I can't be upset?" I rant. 

"I am sorry." She says looking at the floor of the car. 

"Damn straight you are." I say pulling into the parking lot of her apartment get out slamming the door. I open the back door getting Sarge before getting my bag out of the trunk. "Let's go, Elle, we can work in the guest room." I say walking toward the apartment. 

"Are you okay?" Elle asks as we making it to the front door. 

"Yeah, I am good, I am just tired of how she as been treating me since Saturday night." I explain.

"What happened?" She asks.

I motion for her to follow me as I head to the guest room and she does. As we make it to the room I hear Demi walk in going straight to her room. 

"She Was gone all day Saturday and I wasn't feeling well all day so I didn't get up to do anything including eat so when I did I start to feel weak and my vision sat really blurry all of a sudden and I sat on the floor of the kitchen at me and James' apartment. I called her mom and her mom called her and they all showed up except her dad, like I mean her whole family. They called my doctor because she knows him personally and he said to make me eat something and drink something high in sugar and I started to feel better pretty quickly." I explain and she looks at me in sympathy. "I have an appointment tomorrow to find out what is going on and she has decided that she has to stay awake all night in case something happens." I continue. "We have been arguing that she shouldn't do that but she won't listen. Then she ignored me in the office and I am done with her shit." I sigh in frustration. "I love her and I understand she is worried but not sleeping is not the answer."

"Maybe you should go talk to her, I know you are upset but I think it would be best for the two of you to talk it out. I will stay here and start working until you get back." She says with an understanding soft smile making me smile back.

"I am sorry you had to see that." I apologize.

"It is totally fine. Every couple has their issues, now go." She says getting her work out of her bag.

I sigh and take a deep breath before walking to Demi's room and knocking on the door.