Chapter 23

Rae's POV

I walk in to Demi's apartment behind her after school. She walks straight to the bedroom to change into more comfortable clothes. I throw my bag down and then launch myself on to the couch.

"Rae, what have I told you about doing that?" I hear the fimilar male voice of my brother sat sternly.

"Fuck off, James."I say look at him from my portion on the couch.

"Don't talk to me that way." He says as Demi walks in.

"Whatever, I am tired, I have had a long day, I didn't sleep well, and to top it all of I can't let go of the anger I have agianst myself for what yesterday! So, please just give me a few minutes with our someone telling me to do something." I say look at him and I see his face go from mad to slightly sympathetic.

"What's going on?" Demi asks as she move my legs to sit down the lay my legs on her lap.

"Nothing." I say quickly making her look at James raising her eyebrow.

"She was just letting me know how she is feeling." He explains.

She nods look at me. "Are you really angry at yourself for yesterday, because it isn't only your fault. It's my fault too, I should have paid more attention, I should have seen something was off."

"I know, that is wasn't all my fault but I made you upset, I alone hurt you." I say sitting up and looking at her. "I ran away from you like a child. I should just talked to you."

She reaches out and pulls me to her. Then James speaks up.

"What made you run... I mean why didn't you stay and talk to her? Why did you stay in the front like the first day of the year?" He asks. 

"I don't know. I remember thinking about it but being scared that she wouldn't come like she did that day. Then, I thought about how I was acting like a child and how she is an adult and maybe she would be better off with out me. Then I started walking and walking. The next thing I knew I was alone on that street. I remember feeling so lost physically, emotionally, and mentally. I didn't know what to do next." I look between the to then down to the ground. "I say there hoping someone would find me. Then Diana showed up and I just wanted to come back but I was scared."

"Oh, baby." Demi says.

She grabs my face making me look at her for a second before speaking again.

"You never have to be scared to come to me. We all have our moments when we make mistakes. Baby girl, I love you and I always want to help you because that is my job as you girlfriend." She says thrn pulls me into a kiss.

After a second we pull away and look at James who is looking anywhere but us.

"James?" I say quietly to get his attention. "I am sorry for talking at you." I apologize making him smile.

"I know, sis." He says then his face goes serious. "Since we are here I wanna bring something up that you may disagree with but I have to ask."

"What?" I ask looking at me curious.

"What would you say about going back to the therapist. It seemed like it helped." He say and went to speak again but I quickly jump up.

"No!" I scream backing away. "I won't go back there, you can't make me."

I move further away and toward the hallway. As I get to the door frame of the hallway I run threw to Demi's bedroom. I quickly run to the closet and curl up.

I listen closely listening to the conversation.

"Demi, what am I supposed to do? She needs help but she won't let me." James says.

"She needs suport, she needs understanding. She feels like a burden and pushing her issue on to a doctor isn't gonna help anything unless that is what she wants." She starts. "She clearly has something on her mind and telling her she needs someone she doesn't to tell her how to deal with isn't gonna help."

"I know, but I don't know what to do to help her. What can I do if she won't talk to me. What am I supposed to do to help?" He asks

"I don't know, yet, but we will figure it out. Just give her time to calm down and come out and talk to us." She says.

"Ok." He says quietly.

I hear movement and the the bed squeal a little as someone sits down.

"Baby, I am here when you are ready." Demi says. "Just know, I love you."

A/N: This was a short update but the next one will be longer. I have had a few family issues but didn't want to leave y'all hanging.