Chapter 65

Rae's POV

Its been five days, five days of not being able to do anything for myself because Demi declared that she would do anything I needed. She hasn't left me alone fore more then like five minutes. 

"Are you sure you are ready to go back today, I can get you your work from your teacher and you can have the day-" I cut her off standing up from the couch walking over. 

"Demi, I am going to school. My face is getting better and I need to go to school for my own sanity." I say pulling her into a hug. "I love you, I do, but you are driving me crazy. I am okay. We are okay. Everyone is okay. It was a stupid thing and it won't happen again, it's not like I am bullied or something." I say and she finally relax. 

"Okay, but if you need to take a break just come to my office, I have to worked out with the principle you will get a pass in first period." She says. 

"Demi, for the love of everything, I am okay." I sigh. 

"I am sorry, you just don't look much better." She says and I see a flash of guilt across her face. 

We talked about this the other day, she feels guilty because I didn't fight back sooner because I didn't want to upset her which has every right to feel how she wants to but it's stupid. I made the decision based on what I felt I should do in the end. 

"It'll be okay, I will have Elle." I say fricking a smile. "She will tell you if something happens." I tell her.

Truth is though Elle hasn't talked to me since Friday and trust me i have tried to talk to her, but Demi doesn't know that. She nods and agrees to finally let me go.

I call for Sarge quickly getting him ready then we head for the car.

As we pull up to the car I feel like I am going to throw up, out of nerve that the one friend I have hates me. I slowly get out of the car and we walk in the door just as the bell rings tell us to go to class so I run of headed to class. When I walk in everyone turns to look at me making me blush but you can't see it due to the bruising.

When I sit in my normal spot people start to turn back to the own conversations. I sigh and sit through the first class not talking as usual as Elle sits few seats back.
But when I look at her she wouldn't look at me.

Suddenly Sarge sits up laying his head on my lap. I pet his head looking down at him knowing he is trying to prevent an panic attack. When the bell rings I nearly jump out of my seat before quickly packing my things.

"Your a a--hole and you don't deserve a friend like me." I hear Elles voice say behind me when I stand up I look at her confused. "I was worried about you but you sent me away knowing she would notice. You did it on purpose." She says looking hurt.

"Its had nothing to do with her." I say tell her as we walk to the door and the teacher hands me my pass to leave class if I need to.

"Wait what?" She asks clearly very confused.

"What I did had nothing to do with Demi." I say again. "It had to do with you and Sarge." I start. "I knew there was only two ways that was going to end. Either we could talk it out or it would turn into a fight. I knew the second option was more bbn likely and it was safer for the two of you not to be there. I knew that even if you went and got her no matter how quickly, it would happen faster." I explain and she looks at me like I am insane. "I have been in a lot of fights in my life and I know what happens."

"Why would you send me away though I could've helped. I could've done something." She says frustrated as we walk into our next class.

"Look, I have one really major flaw, out of the many, but some would say that this is the biggest. When I care about someone they come first always and I come second. Demi is always first when she is around but she wasn't, you were. You are my best friend and in the moment I felt it would be better if you weren't there." Then the bell rings and class starts so she can't respond.