Chapter 21

Rae's POV

I wake up to the car door being opened and someone shaking me slightly scaring me. I jump back and slap at the hand looking at the person seeing Diana making me gasp. "I am so sorry." I apologize quickly.

"It ok, hun." She smiles softly, "Now let's get you inside." she then helps me out of the car and I walk in front of them until we get to the door and I freeze. 

"Sweetheart, whats wrong?" Dianna asks making me look over at her.

"What if she hates me now, what is she realizes how much trouble I really am, or what if she realizes I am nowhere near good enough for her." I say starting to get worked up again. 

"That won't happen, my sister loves you nothing is going to change that." Dallas says but it doesn't help.

I slowly reach for the wall and lean up against it trying to take deep breaths as I feel a panic attack coming on. I hear a door open and words being said and then I feel the arms I have come to love surrounding me. I suddenly feel the need to wrap my arms around the person. 

I throw my arms around her and sob. I beg her to forgive me and apologize over and over. I feel her move us into the apartment but I told tighter wrapping my legs around her body not ever wanting to let go. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." I chant over and over. I feel my butt touch the couch and Demi reach her hands up to mine and trying to pry them of her to sit me down. I let go and deflate in defeat on the couch. i let my body go limp and sob harder. I knew she wouldn't want me after all this. 

I look up to see everyone watching me and by everyone I mean Demi, James, Dianna, And Dallas. I pull my knees to my chest and then put my head on my knees just looking up at them.

"I am sorry, you all had to deal with my crap tonight," I say as I start to calm down. "Dianna and Dallas, I appreciate you guys coming and finding me when you barley know me. James I am sorry you have to deal with this instead of doing whatever you had planned." I say then look at Demi. "I am sorry for leaving they just wouldn't stop and you didn't listen, so instead of starting something I left." I start to get up and and reach for my bag.

"What are you doing?" Demi asks moving in front of me.

"I am just gonna go home with James, so you don't have to worry about my messed up self and your family doesn't have to deal with it either. I mean come one a 25 year old adult shouldn't have to deal with my childish crap." I say trying to move passed only to be up against the wall next to the door with her hands holding my hip and her head leaned up against my shoulder. 

"Please, don't leave again, I don't know if I can take watching you walk out the door again." She says vulnerably making my look at her family with tear in my eyes. Then I put my face in the neck and warp my arms around her shoulders.

"I am sorry, I really am. I didn't mean for any of this to happen." I say to her. "I won't go anywhere if you don't want me to." I say and she just nods.

"Ok well we will leave you three to talk." Dianna says grabbing Dallas' Hand and ragging her to the door. I look over at James to see him sitting on a chair with his head in his hands. 

I push Demi slightly grabbing her hand and pulling her to the couch. She sits down pulling me to her lap and holding me tightly. 

"Why?" I hear a quiet voice say. 

I look at James confused as he looks up.

"Why? Why did you leave? Why didn't you just come home?" He asks more clearly.

"I don't know James, I just I needed air and then I just kept walking. The next thing I knew I was lost so I just sat down hoping someone would find me." I sigh. "I just... they wouldn't stop and no one noticed what was happening and I couldn't fight the people and come out without being beaten."

"Who was it?" He asks hesitantly.

"It doesn't matter." I say knowing he won't like the answer.   

"Fuck Rae, yes it does, when someone pushes you so far that you walk away from people you love and that love you instead of talking to them it matters!" I shout looking me directly in the face.

"Okay, fine," I look at the ground. "I was late to the gym and we were working in groups and Demi told me to go to a random group. When I realized who it was I tried to ask for another group but she was already back to talk to the group she was with." I start and I feel Demi's arms tighten around me. "So, I decided to try but as soon as I got there they started. It was Kate, Joey, and Natalie. They wouldn't stop making comments I tried to push through it but I couldn't. I looked to see Demi still busy so, I left. I didn't plan on walking that far but my mind went blank and I just kept going."

"You put her with those three!" He yells at Demi making me jump and suddenly be put on the couch. I see demi get up and get in James' face.

"How was I supposed to know! I would never do anything to hurt her!" She yells louder than him making him back away slightly. "You might be mad at me but, trust me, I hate myself for it." She says calmer. 

"Please, stop?" I ask quietly. 

"I am sorry." James says and Demi slowly backs away and slowly sits back down next to me.

"Next time, I will wait until I can talk to someone when I am put in that position, and Demi now knows about them." I say and look at James and smile at him. "Thank you for sticking up for me, now I am tired so can we go to bed?" I ask giving them a pouty face.

"We are talking about this tomorrow after you get out of school." James says and I just nod.

Demi stands up and turns to James. "Let me show you to the guest room," then she turns to me. "you stay there and I will be back." She finishes then starts walking to the hallway with James right behind.

I sigh and lean back staring at the ceiling. Soon I feel my eyelids starting to feel heavy. I slowly start to give in to sleep, but I am woken by foots steps walking up to me.

I look up to see Demi standing in the door way and gesturing for me to come. So, I stand up and follow her to the room.

As soon at we walk in she push me on the bed and straddles me. She says down putting her head in my shoulder, soon I can tell she has fallen asleep and even though I am still in my clothes from today I just lay there.

I sigh and slowly close my eyes also trying to sleep. Yet, sleep never came.

I look at the clock and see it is 2 in the morning. I slowly roll Demi off and sit up. I quietly as possible stand up and head for the door. I walk to the kitchen and make a glass of water.

Sitting down at the breakfast bar she has I lay my head down. Soon, I fall asleep.